Sign in to follow this  
vdubCorrado

fog and signal lights... difference in early and late?

sorry if this sounds stupid but i am curious as to what the difference is between the early and late lights over there? here in the states i could only say early is G60 and late is SLC/VR6 and the only difference was that the way they mounted in the bumper... they were basically the same thing except in 1990 here the signal lights them selves were orange

see picture if you've never seen...

DSCF0054.jpg

(sorry this rado of mine was in bad shape... i bought it for the sole purpose to save it from being parted. i fixed it to be able to be driven and sold it for what i had into it to someone who kept it and still has it this day! parting out perfectly good corrados is a big problem here in the states... people will part a great corrado just cause they don't like the color and we didn't get many here... not more than 20,000 from 90 to 94 which were the only years we got them)

oh yeh, i ask this question about the lights cause i have a euro G60 bumper so to you guys your front bumper... refer to picture again for differences... we had side markers and no plate indent... sorry if you know this, i honestly expect no one tocause our US parts aren't worth much to anyone but ourselves haha

You can fit late fogs in the early bumper with a bit of cutting of the rubber behind the lamps - see my gallery (click on my sig pic) for pics of the difference...

hmmm.. your sig pic took me to a thread that was 19 pages long, and the only thing i found on the whole thing about the bumper was saying you had to replace with early style and are going to settle for early bumper and late lights? maybe i'm looking in thw rong place? thanks

Justin

Sorry dude... all I was refering to were the pics of my bumper with early lights and now later lights to show the change can be done! I only ever to think of doing 'work in progress' pics after I've finished :oops:

Appologies for the confusion...

yeh... pics were a little too small to really be able to tell the difference... it seems they just seem to be alot smaller when you upload them through the site rather than when you host yourself...