Sign in to follow this  
N_TaG

URGENT HELP REQUIRED!

Ok, now i know this is a corrado forum and I do own a lovely one but the problem i have today is with my gf's skoda fabia. Laugh all you like :lol: she bought it against my advice with her father who didnt even perform the basic checks when buying a car! ie: FULL LOCKS!

So, the problem is as follows:

- On full left lock the inside edge of the wheel rubs on the rod arm extending from the steering rack :shock: It makes the most horrible noise as you'd expect from metal rubbing and grinding on metal and needs to be sorted immediatley.

The seller put it in for an MOT on the day she bought it and it sailed through, i thought any wheel rubbing was an instant fail?

Really appreciate any help you guys could give me on this matter as i dont like to think of her driving around with it in this state.

Oh, its the nearside wheel that rubs. The offside wheel on full right lock is almost an inch clear.

Sounds like to me theres too much lock on the one side.... I had this problem on my MK2 Golf when I had the steering rack replaced.. Had to get it proffesionaly cambered and tracked to rectify the problem...

Does sound like an adjustment on the track rod arms...

Check that the right hand track rod end is marked “C” and the left hand is marked “D”. It is also important that the length of the left hand track rod is not altered from a specific measurement of 365-mm (+/- 5-mm) as if this is altered, the rack will unevenly lock. This is common when those who do not know this adjust the tracking and to rectify the problem, the track rod must be removed and reset.

There is no obvious sign of damage to the wheel or tyre, although on that inside edge the wheel is wearing due to the rubbing on the rod arm. Better get it to skoda then rather than mess about myself. Thanks for the help.