Sign in to follow this  
CorradoDriver

Bloody Hell

I am so pissed right now, my dam corrado is really pissing me off now, and if this post gets locked so be it, im sorry im just really angry right now, iv cleaned the isv iv replace the fuel filter but the dam car still sputters and stalls and to top it all off there was about 4 inches of water in the passanger side foot well, i can deal with maybe an inch or less but 4 inches, wtf i read somthing that somthing gets cloged but it was really vage and im to pissed to search ahh, 4 inches. I need to pull the cap off the front of the car next the windshield and wiper motor right, is that what i need to clean, im starting to think the cars not worth all this pain, hah jk jk it is worth it please advise, i can almost garantee this post will be locked lol o well what can you do

Check the sunroof drain holes and the drain holes in front of the windscreen/scuttle. Loads of crap gets in there. Also check the passenger door membrane. I had a leak in my old G60, with a similar amount of water to you, and it turned out to be the membrane. You'll need to take the door card off. The sticky stuff is meant to stay sticky and be re-useable so you might be able to just press the polythene back on if it's come loose at all.

HTH!

ps- don't give up on your C!

Leaves can sometimes get into the guttering near the wipers.... this can sometimes cause problems, although I've never heard of 4inches of water in the footwell before.

Can you see where the water is coming in from ? and is the water cold or hot as it might be a problem with something else. I seem to remember talk about the heater matrix going and soaking the inside of the car. I could have things mixed up on this though. Plus I getting the feeling that would be a little more obvious...

my sunroof always leaks but i know its not that, the sunroof was broken when i bout the car, i think its the common clip breaking but im proably one day replace it with a passat clear sunroof but before then im gona do some thing getto, im gona take batroom caulk, the one thats in the tube that u use to seal the tube, im gona spread that on the inside, then idk if there is fuse for the roof to disable it then im gona pull the cover over and presto no more leak in the roof problem, somtimes i get drenced but as for the foot well once it stops raining im gona take a look at the drain holes infront of the windshield. Thanks for the advice, i still need to get the idling/stalling problem fixed any suggestions. Thanks

if the bulk head fills with rubbish blocking the drain hole the water builds up in there coming off the screen and when it gets to a certain level it poors in one of the cromit holes into the cabin. Had it on a 92 passat before and that was 2-3inches in the both footwells and sh.gged my fusebox!!

or as mentioned it could be the matrix if its confined to the passenger side, worth checking your colant level because if thats the problem and its 4 inches deep id think the header tank would be empty.

idle on the vr6 could be a number of things:

plug leads/not pushed right on or knackered.

coil pack or dizzy i guess

maf?? gave a mate of mine the same problems, but worth trying to find a mate with a working one to test as its a 2 min swop and they aint cheap.

ecu, but very unlikely imo.

dont give up on her just yet, its character ;-)

Dave's C had water coming into the footwell due to the seal around the cabin air intake (under the plastic scuttle panel trim in the engine bay) being perished - only a few quid (or bucks!) from the stealers, and only a 10min job... :)

I looked at the drain u guys were talking about and it was filty, idk how some of that stuff got there but i took a shop vac to it and suked all that shit up, should be good and i also suked all the water out aswell, my vac hold about 12 gallons and it was half way full crazy stuff and i dont think its the heater matrix, because if it was that im sure it would smell funny, Thanks for your help, as for the idle i took my digital camera out and recored the the rpm gauge after i started it and the car was having the problem where when i rev it the car falls below 1 and shakes the video is a little dark because it was at night. The car is also makeing a strange noise from the engine, it seems like its strugling becuase it has a high pitched sound its kinda hard to hear it but here is the video, http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l91/CorradoDriver/?action=view&current=PICT0764.flv&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1 i will take another one in the morning thanks again turn ur speakers up lol its not so great

and this thing is also making noises dont know what it is maybe it also has somthing to do with my idle PICT0769.jpg

Turn up ur speakers and sorry about the big pic cant make it smaller