Sign in to follow this  
24V Renshaw

The Corrado Replacement - Project 964

Go on, how much!

And whats MPG likely to be in comparison to the Rado? In fact, what are the specs? BHP etc.

vr6storm, cheers - just looked at the (v.nice pics) again was a bit of a stupid question.

Jay, ofcourse keep us updated

Its a 3.6L flat six. 260BHP and 240lb/ft 0-60 about 5.5 Secs and 0-100 13 ish secs.

But its the handling which is unreal. SOOOOOO much grip and the steering is so precise its scary.

MPG seems OK so far, bit early to tell at the mo.

Jay

Wheels I have already.

Coilovers and steering wheel are top of my list, oh and clear indicators and buckets and a roll cage and black carpets and so on........... ;)

Jay

Looks lovely Jay, can see why you sold the rado now!

D'ya know what insurance group it is?

Lovely! Always wanted to own a Porsche!

Look forward to seeing what you do to it Jay - and you do have to bring it to the next rolling road day even though its not a Rado!! :)

woah ben youre obviously a bit annoyed jay no longer has a dub but let it go buddy no need to go on about it :lol:

hehehe bloody PC was playing up last night!!

No idea what the insurance group is, but its £200 more than the Rado was.

I will bring it along, but its 4WD so I can't put it on the rollers at stealth unless they upgrade :)

Jay

Wheels I have already.

Coilovers and steering wheel are top of my list, oh and clear indicators and buckets and a roll cage and black carpets and so on........... ;)

Jay

Have you ever seen the film 'super troopers'? They had an awesome porsche with a big cage and buckets in it. Looked sweet.

As does yours jay. Ive loved the rado, and have been waiting to see pics of the replacement. Good luck with it.

nice motor jay, my mate has the 3.6 twin turbo edition of this model, it sit's very wide. nice colour !!!

if its a twin turbo 911 it'll be a 993/996/997............you not getting confuddled with a 964 Turbo 2???(which is only a single turbo btw)

nice motor jay, my mate has the 3.6 twin turbo edition of this model, it sit's very wide. nice colour !!!

if its a twin turbo 911 it'll be a 993/996/997............you not getting confuddled with a 964 Turbo 2???(which is only a single turbo btw)

guy reads wayyy too much :lol:

Would you say general running costs are a lot more than the C?

well i've had my 993 Carrera 4 now since october,I can't see it being that much more to run that a 964 Carrera4,so.........mpg i get about 21-23mpg round town etc in the Corrado whereas the 993 is probably 16-18mpg doing the same miles,insurance is group 20 and basically if yer under 30 its gonna be a nightmare to get covered,most places insist its garaged too btw

servicing at an OPC is EXPENSIVE!!!........the 964 needs a bit more servicing wise than the 993 too,as its got mechanical adj on the tappets,whereas the 993 is hydraulic,and tyres are meant to only last 10k miles on the rear(although 4WD its still rear biased and there's an engines weight back there),brakes are also almost double the cost if not more than the C,at the end of the day a corrado is just a Sports Coupe based on a hatch/saloon,whereas the 911 is an out n out Sportscar so obviously its gonna cost more to run and keep in fine fettle..............worth every penny tho

just coz you can buy 911 now for comparatively little they still come with the costs of running a £60k+ sportcar and get more the older they get.

I can't wait, you've whetted my appetite for a porker

just coz you can buy 911 now for comparatively little they still come with the costs of running a £60k+ sportcar and get more the older they get.

I can't wait, you've whetted my appetite for a porker

EXACTLY youve hit the nail on the head there,my car when new in 1995 was £63k..........Jays in 1990 would have been easy £55k-ish

Is the 997 turbo out yet???

I saw an 06 registered Turbo yesterday that looked slightly different to the 996 but I didn't think it had been released yet.

It still looked absolutely gorgeous though!!!

:bow:

That's awesome Jay, I'm sooo glad you didn't get a new-ish one!

Keep us updated please :)

Ah yes i am corrected his is a 964 Turbo 3.6 which i always thought was t/t :oops: i love it though the sound is unreal!!

my all time fav is the 933 t/t of course after all that :p

cheers