Sign in to follow this  
martinibloke

Chugging

Hi Everyone,

When i am on say the motorway, and want to overtake something, like a fiesta, focus, puma, cougar, or any other ford and drop it from fifth to fourth there is nothing there at all apart from chugging. This continues for about 5-10 seconds then lets rip as per normal.

I have fitted a new lamda sensor, a new air vac. hose, flushed through injector cleaner and petrol treatment, but still it goes on.

Help!

Paul

strange. sounds like a servere case of digilag but i cant see why it would chug. sometimes you can feel a slight holdback but.

get a AF gauge in there. may give a idea.

usually they chug on partial when there is a o2/blue temp issue. ive had this on mine but at WOT? not sure here. what the ECU to TB vac line like?

whats the plugs n leads n that like. havve u changed um

try unplugging the 02 sensor. tis a 4 wire(usually( plug below the clutch master cylinder on drivers side. it attaches to the engine mount. be careful. grap the plug not the wires and unplug it. go drive it. it souold run fine but rich. see if you still have the problem. lots run like this(unplugged)i have and so have lots of vortexers. previous owner or exhaust makers left mine unplugged when i got car. i run for a year or so at least without knowing it was even unplugged.

if it runs fine. theres a issue with the o2 system.

Cheers for the help folks.

Lost the rag with the car on Monday so left it into VW yesterday.

The rear vacuum hose behind the block has worn so bad it was even stalling.

One flange replaced on the head, two sensors and a new vacuum pipe sorted it. £167 quid well spent considering 3 indie garages coundn't find a problem with the car. Say what you want about dealers in general, but my rocket has returneth better than ever. Even scapled a CRX last night. :oops: Greatttttttttttt. :lol:

Many thanks again,

Paul (G60)