Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

Water spray

Blue_Joe, get a flip up gear knob with red "Injecton" button a la James Bond :D

You may laugh............ I did recently investigate making and am still thinking of making a flip up gearknob with the engine start button under it!!! :lol:

where???

However if you mean the Rage one's then thats not really what I was thinking. Was thinking something more OE look

Was thinking something more OE look

demon tweeks i think

that could be cool - give us a shout

i've used menthol in my water injections for years and it hasn't done any damage. the alcohol in the water evaporates super quick taking lots of energy with it.

perhaps not. but the chargecooler iand the throttele and intake and head are all alloy. but over a long period with regualr soakings, it 'could' weaken the cooling fins.

you should only use a 40 % mix

Heres my headlight washer bottle and pump il be using for my sprayer.

Image341.jpg

And heres the nozzles mounted on a bike stabilizer bracket!

Image340.jpg

Just got to wait for my pressure switch to arrive#

These jets are guna drown the intercooler

What about VW OE Fanjet screenwash? I Know it has alcohol of some description in it. If you pour it out you can set alight to it neat! Was thinking maybe this would be ok?? What do you guys think?

Probably contains methanol.... most screenwashes have moved away from Methanol now (I forget the reason why), but Holts definitely still use it ;-)

I just use plain water now or 10% holts over the winter, I find the wiper blades last longer that way!

I have it plumbed up to rear wash tube at moment and can definatly feel the difference!!!!

I gave it some stick without it,then gave a spray for a few seconds,then after a short time to allow water to cool it , i floored it again and it pulled better

I have it plumbed up to rear wash tube at moment and can definatly feel the difference!!!!

I gave it some stick without it,then gave a spray for a few seconds,then after a short time to allow water to cool it , i floored it again and it pulled better

Surely the best way to measure this is to sort out a gauge for charge temps after the I/C?

yes. you will need a act gauge,. - actual charge temp. i have a digital one which fits perfectly into the blanking plate next to the radio. its is very cool.

yes. you will need a act gauge,. - actual charge temp. i have a digital one which fits perfectly into the blanking plate next to the radio. its is very cool.

Any pics???

And where did you get it from?

I have a genuine vdo gauge from a mk1 golf that does it but i cant get the sensor into the inlet tract?

It uses same type of sensor as mfa uses for outside air temp

they aren't accurate enough, and take to long to change. these act units sample every second. so you can see if your water spray works,.

g60bv, yup, that's identical to the one I've got for H-YYU... 8)

ive just put a little spray on my standard intercooler, just using the rear wiper to control it, but i can notice a little difference, great idea. plus it didnt cos me anything. thats the little mods i like

I've ordered the Subaru STI Spray jets to mount them in the bottom of the bumper aim dam infront of where my intercooler is mounted. Should do the trick loverly and also look quite cool!