Sign in to follow this  
Johnboy98

Bosch Red Top Injectors

Hey peeps, can you put Bosch Red Top Injectors in a VR6 prior to supercharging?

Eventually she will be blown but for the time being im getting the engine to run sweet 1st.

Is there a danger of bore wash/overfuelling if I changed them as I suspect the others are a bit goosed?

It's doable, but not recommended. I've done 300 miles on the reds and standard chip. If you pull the MAF the engine goes into uber lean mode and it'll balance out, but will still be stinking rich, it's perfectly drivable mind, once it's warmed up......but takes ages to warm due to all the fuel going in :-)

So....no.....not worth it, wait till you're charged. I had no choice but to do the above due to a certain situation that arose. Wouldn't have done it at all if I had the choice!!

Cheers for the info Kev, didnt really wanna pay for getting them tested as I said they are gonna be replaced and as far as im aware they are near impossible to test accurately without a proper setup. Did get my mate to Ultrasonically bath them about a year ago (for free of course) but dont really want to pay £25 per nozzle to get em flow and spray checked when you could get a new set of reds for that.

Hope your well matey and cheers for the lightning reponse.

Jonny

Just had a thought though Vince owes me a free rolling road setup so if I took it easy....ish he could probably map it accordingly?? or is that still a tad too riskay??

Do it mate..... I had to limp to Vince running on the reds and standard chiparooney and it was fine. Had to change the oil soon after though as it was almost pitch black :-)

It will run.....not to your liking, but she'll get you to stealth. Or you could just wang the reds in at Stealth? Only takes about an hour....

Yeah I'm good cheers chap.....patiently waiting for my mapping on August 18th 8)

It will run.....not to your liking, but she'll get you to stealth. Or you could just wang the reds in at Stealth? Only takes about an hour....

Spose im in a prime position as ill run on LPG to get there negating the fuel injection completely, I'd have to take off the Shrek aswell so would take quite a bit of faf as usual!

Has Chris sorted out his supply of cheaper ones do you know? cant remember how much Daz wanted at G werks?

PM Chris mate, he did say how much they are but I can't repeat it on the forum as it's such a good price :-)

You should get a schimmel, I'm currently negotiating a GB with them. They let 15% more air in than the standard manifold, added to the charger's extra air, it's quite a mod.

did not want to hear that kev, i pulled out of the one on vr6oc, due to buying the charger sooner rather than later, when do you think this gb will start??

Sorry guys, bad timing I know, but I also paid full whack.... I'm doing it for the rest of you that haven't already seen the light ;-) They sell on reptuation so didn't think they'd entertain a GB, but seems they will.

I got a referral from Vince to help some guy get one and as the VR6OC "quickflow" GB seems to have stalled, I thought I'd get on the case with the schimmels as they're far superior imo....

I asked Darlene about it today, so it's literally only just lifted off, should get prices tomorrow once she's spoken to Bill.

They're also currently uprating their website to better cope with UK orders as I've told them a lot of interest is kicking up over here. I've also told them to throw in the weird American threaded brass fittings too as I just couldn't get any over here. They're for the servo and FPR vac outlets and such like.

I'll keep you posted

cheers kev, i have only read really good reports about your log :lol: i hope this goes ahead though, so if it does?? put me down for one, god the missus will kill me :lol:

Will do mate. I can only go on H8RRA's experience as he's the only person I know of that's fitted one in the UK. After it was mapped, he said "what is the remaining 3/4 of throttle travel for?" Which bodes extremely well :-)

Slowly,got most of the bits i need now,going to pull head off to do seals gaskets,fit ARP studs then the SP manifold as doing them without taking head off is to much of a pain !

Off to scrapy tomorow to get some slim line fans i saw on a audi V6 coupe that looks just right for the job.

Fitted Six branch and decat this weekend gone,made temp 60mm pipe to the rear box to hear what it sounds like.....oh yes! :twisted:

Yes, you will need slim fans. I went with the setup Vince uses when installing 1.8Ts into Corrados (they have log mannies aswell, so same problem), which is an 11" and a 9" fan. The 9" one sitting in front of the throttle and as low down as possible.

If anyone buys any, remember you need suction fans....not pushers...

Just cooler,there will be no need for it as the air will be dense enough.How are you getting on?

Im getting all the bits together first, got charger ,WI kit , 248s Leaving vgi on for now,getting vince to fit it all in september. Would luv to go for a log and cooler,but moneys running out. :(

Will see how it does with these bits first. :)