Sign in to follow this  
Charleslyman

how to get better throttle response?

port and polish your throttle body to a suitable strength take off as much excess metal as possible! and reprofile the inlet flap that opens when throttle is pushed down if you can take any off it as im unsure with the vr6 but u can defo do it to a g60! this will greatly help with throttle response the more air you can get in and the quicker you can get it there

port and polish your throttle body to a suitable strength take off as much excess metal as possible! and reprofile the inlet flap that opens when throttle is pushed down if you can take any off it as im unsure with the vr6 but u can defo do it to a g60! this will greatly help with throttle response the more air you can get in and the quicker you can get it there

Really where/when and how me old mate? any pic's to help me see what I should be doing? I like the idea of going faster :lol:

There's a fella that does ported TBs on an exchange basis, I'll vouch for his work.

Mail him on [email:540c7][email protected][/email:540c7]

IIRC they were about £125

I guess it may be a bit more expensive from the US tho...

£££££££££££££££££££ Feck - that will be why I'm more pron to DIY anyone know how and have pics

I ported my own throttle body - as for adjusting reprofiling when the inlet flap opens there is very little room for adjustment and I'm not really sure if it is actually worth doing!!

See my members gallery to see how I have ported my throttle body fella - however this is for a G60 for BLACKG60's benefit, I've not done a VR one!

It's on this page

I ported my own throttle body - as for adjusting reprofiling when the inlet flap opens there is very little room for adjustment and I'm not really sure if it is actually worth doing!!

See my members gallery to see how I have ported my throttle body fella - however this is for a G60 for BLACKG60's benefit, I've not done a VR one!

It's on this page

You the man Blue_Joe

You up castle combe saturday?