Sign in to follow this  
tango

SPORTS CAT...

Hi,need a new cat for my Storm but was wondering what you guys thought was the best and most reasonable priced about,

looking for a sports one,

cheers,

Jim .

Yeh, heard good things about the Milltek ones. Blue Flame are supposed to be good too, and cheaper :wink:

The GSF one is very cheap and tiny! Not sure on quality though - looked ok. I'm going to go de-cat when me engine goes in.

i was thinking bout changing my exhaust manifold, down pipe and de-cating but wasnt sure what ones to go for or if it whould match up to the rest of my exhaust?

RADO.001, a 6 branch manifold would include the front pipes, so you'd just need a decat to go with that.

I found just a supersprint decat hooked up to the factory exhaust gave a noticable improvement in torque actually.

ziderapple, it's a grey area that one mate. Some testers will turn a blind eye, some won't. If the engine passes the emissions test without a cat, they can't really fail it tbh. I couldn't be bothered with the whole greyness of it all, hence getting the sport cat.

kevHaywire, ive got a MAGNEX stanless from the cat back, so what make 6 branch & decat would i be able to use?

As far as I know mate you can use any decat pipe that is designed for a vr6. Should all be the same diameter.

As for 6 branches - 2 choices really:

Supersprint - 600 notes

Raceland - 180 notes

Top one is better, but lower one is also good, especially for the money.

Unfortunately the Supersprint is LHD only, so it's only really the Raceland that's the viable option, but it's pretty good by all accounts.

iow_corrado_g60, not sure mate, it might let a few more ponies off the reigns, but at the rolling road day, the milltek still let enough gas out of the exhaust to blow the exhaust catcher across the workshop floor :-)

so if i went for the raceland 6 branches and a decat for say 260 note would it be worth it? how easy would it be to couple the old cat back on to the new 6 branch for the MOT?

ok guys,priced the sports cat,around the£ 400 -500 mark,then i priced the normal cat £150,then went onto a site i got the nod on ,http://www.cats4less.co.uk,and they are doing a vr6 cat for £88 thats delivered to your door!!!!

got that and now looking for a cat replacement pipe and bingo job done-

anyone got a good place for cat replacement pipes??

cheers,

Tango.

Blimey, that's cheap! :shock:

What's the quality like? What cel is it? Think with the Milltek & Blueflame ones you have a choice of either 100 or 200 cel.

yes ,thats what i thought and bought it up straight away,not sure what cel it is mate just arrived at my work yest and still in wrapper,will check the mora,i've got a price if £60 for a replacement cat pipe,it's a milltek,is that a good price??

cheers,

Tango.