Sign in to follow this  
ruffy

Hayward&scott ??

Hi people :D

Just a quick question ... I'm planning to get my exhaust rebuilt down pipe back by Hayward & Scott in Basildon,

I've heard some good reports about them and they seem to be a very reputable company..

has any one here had any dealings with them :?:

Haven't got one myself but a friend used to rave about them especially for Jap cars! They are based minutes away from where I work so if you want me to check them out or discuss anything with them I could do.

Sy_VW

Cheers Mate

That would be spot on if you could have a butchers.. I have two options drive up to Manchester to blue flame a 3 hours drive ..

or Haywoods which is under a 1 hour away which would save me a lot of time.. petrol and probably my licence..

Yeh your right.... my freind has his type R Civic (sorry for swearing) :oops: and he cant stop raving on about his zorts ...

If you could pop in and give me the low down it would be appreciated chap.. :D

I don't know about Haywood & Scott. But I do have a Blue flame zorst. The workmanship and fit is second to non IMHO. And it sounds phenominal!

HTH

I don't know about Haywood & Scott. But I do have a Blue flame zorst. The workmanship and fit is second to non IMHO. And it sounds phenominal!

HTH

Did they Cut and shut .. or did they mandrel bend the pipes :?:

I havent heard much about blue flame :?:

cheers

Ruffy

Anything you want me to ask/check out in particular? You can PM me if you want.

I assume that you have been quoted a price.

Also have you thought of Powerflow.

ruffy, Your mates type R civic isn't red by any chance is it with 2 mahoosive 5-6 inch tailpipes is it??

Yep it makes a lot of noise....

Have a look at examples of their work at http://www.haywardandscott.co.uk

They have an excellent reputation and I know of a Scooby owner that found 30bhp from one of their full systems.

Kev

Yeah I've seen it Kev.. but there charging £200 more than blue flame .. if there worth it i dont mind paying extra.. just wondered if any one had either one of the systems..?

Ruffy

Anything you want me to ask/check out in particular? You can PM me if you want.

I assume that you have been quoted a price.

Also have you thought of Powerflow.

Powerflow are dont go over 2 and half inch and they cant mandrel bend the pipes .. I'm runing a big blower and want a 3inch system..

they dont seem very helpful either..

Andy

ruffy, By any chance was he at santa pod earlier on this year feburary time as I raced a civic type R then I think it was T reg with tinted windows he just pipped me as we got to the line. I want a re match now I ve got a few more bits done to the car is he around next sunday ( 5th october) if he is I wanna re match :D

BANANA MAN,

I dont think you want to race him mate .. If wher taking about the same chap..

he's now runnig a Toda racing cam kit and Honda Data ecu.. 12.8 sec he's spent 4 grand on the engine.. 270 BHP ITS QUICK..

I hate it but ist quick... :mad: arrh and loud :lol:

Quality costs. You get what you pay for.

Kev

I take it your vote is with Hayward then?

Well I'd certainly short list them. I've seen some of their work and it is really good. Whether their products are worth the extra cash over competitors or not is something only you can decide.

Kev

Hmmm maybe not the same bloke then as the last visit I went up against this civic it did a 14.5 sec @97mph I dont think it can be the same guy!!!! unless he's had all that work done since feb??