Sign in to follow this  
mr_fusion

The 'Running a Rotrex charger on a VR6' thread..

well, I have it on good authority that brackets for the 24v do indeed exist, and have been seen on r32s, and 2.8 24vs, and I know for certain that the 24v head differs from the 12v beast so....that could be your answer.

p.s. let me know if you have a useless 24v bracket to give away ;)

Assuming you were to shave the inlet manifold and all the pulleys then aligned OK, the bracket has to be right.....but at the same time it isn't right because it's way too close to the head! Something is amiss somewhere..... difficult to assess the situation unless you're at the car :?

What I don't see in your kit is this extra item arrowed..... looks like a spacer of some sort?

Could you not space all the pulleys away from the block slightly? would that give you enough room?

Your best bet is to contact the bloke and ask him if he has sold ou the right kit.

Supplying him with pics to back up your questions.

Might be just a case of a quick exchange and you are back in business.

Could you not space all the pulleys away from the block slightly? would that give you enough room?

:roll:

what even the alternator, power steering, and crank pulleys!?!

Ah yes, my bad, yeah it's the tensioner upside down!

I'm with Coxy..... you need to speak to the seller if you can get hold of him!

You can get a different offset alternator pulley, but you can't realign the others unfortunately....

you need to speak to the seller if you can get hold of him!

I just resent my email to him (also enquiring about whether the bracket is correct) and it hasn't bounced back yet.. so fingers crossed!

:roll:

what even the alternator, power steering, and crank pulleys!?!

yep, that was the general idea I had. I wouldn't have thought it would be inconcievable to get some spacers knocked up, and use longer bolts to attach the pullies, but then again, I suppose the kit should just wack straight on....... Nevermind.

vr6-bracket-003.jpg

I'm not saying this to sound like a bit of an arse or anything, but the mounting plate is definitely the right way round?, I noticed it has a bit of a step in it where another part is attached (belt tensioner?)if this were reversed, would it pull the pullies away from the block?

The pullies are all lined up with it mounted the way you have it currently?

Did you work out what the triangular shaped bit is? it's not some sort of spacer is it? aren't some of the Vortexes running with narrower belts to clear the head?

Yes, I am definately mounting it correctly (it becomes obvious when you see it in place)

the picture should be rotated about 80 degrees CCW and that is how it fits.

The idler bolts to where you can see the three M8 bolts in the pic.

The idler pulley mount on the shaft with the allen head on it and can still be adjusted as if i was on the car.

The bracket attaches to the engine via the other three points (at the bottom of the pic) there are 2 spacers welded to the bracket and the small stud that bolts into the head and allows you to hang the bracket of the engine while you put in the other 2 m8 bolts to secure it.

Here is a pic showing the belt wrap. (it may become more obvious as this is the position the bracket would be mounted in)

I does not show the idle tensioner in this pic though as i took it off to try and fix it after my "accident"

I might actually try and mount the bracket minus the supercharger this evening to see what my clearance options are. (damn sight lighter with out the charger as it may be small, but it weighs the same as the Z-eng)

My ZR charger met a horrific death as the main shaft snapped.

Its currently being rebuilt, but will be going back on ebay early next week.

@ mr_fusion hey can i ask where are you getting the z-engineering charger rebuilt ? i have only been able to find mc racing autorised dist for z chargers and rebuilds i have e mailed them for details about getting mine done but no reply at all i want to get it upgraded to a stg 2 and a new tensioner pulley. they say on their website that it has to be paid for in full by bank transfer but dont seem to reply to emails.

i have emailed numerous times :x

VR6boy - PM sent

I also forgot to mention this...

What the hell is this for??

Its about 25cm long and about 8mm think.

The hole in the end isn't threaded and is about 7mm in diameter.

thats what i was thinking..

the hole would suggest its used a pivot point for leverage perhaps?

still can't email the danish guy though... might try from a different email address to check its not just my email account.

Such is the way with these things....

One could argue that having to smash the crap out of the sump with a big prong and space the idler bracket over on the vortech kits is also bodgey!

It's a damn good learning curve though and Mr Fusion is fast becoming the forum's Rotrex expert ;-)