Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

paintin wheels

right i'm goin to be gettin my alloys mirror polished soon,but theres a bit that i want paintedi was wonderin would i be able to use spray cans?how would i go about prepin the wheel,the overspray isn't a prob as this will be polished out?would i also have to laquer the painted area?

Ive just done the same on my tt rims - painting the inner part of the spokes. I rubbed it down with emery, cleaned thoroughly with white spirit and sprayed with metal primer. I then sprayed with hammerite and the finish is quite ok. I then polished the spokes so it looks OEM. All done with spray cans

I done an old set of RS wheels using just spray cans, polished the flat and did the inners with dark met grey and lots of laquer, never came off and looked real nice, I took my time and made sure all the prep work was good

Make sure its warm, even stick some heaters in yr garage, or wherever yr doing it, and try to avoid dusty areas