Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

NOS....

Right, gonna have a go at doing my own NOS injection setup :twisted: , and need some advice.

I need to find a supplier of high pressure solenoids, that aren't ridiculously expensive. The only ones I've found are the pulsoids, but at £145 each they are stoopid money. If I can get something that would do the same job for £25-50 that'd be great.

Any advice from the guys on here with nitrous would be much appreciated :?: :?:

Going to use an extra injector for the additional fuelling, and as car has knock sensing on it that should work for the retarding of timing.

I think the controller should be relatively simple to build and code, using a PIC with two PWM outputs to control both the extra injector (or maybe a second solenoid - not sure yet) and the NOS solenoid, and then a potentiometer on the throttlebody or use a throttle position sensor, as the trigger for the system to operate. I think that it should not inject anything until at least 50% throttle and then and inject maximum at 100% throttle i.e. 50% throttle equals 0% NOS, 100% throttle equals 100% NOS. (75% throttle equals 50% NOS etc).

So good it needed saying twice ;)

I'm not sure on the idea of 100% NOS though.... might want to figure out a safer level before you blow yourself up as you spin off the lights.

So good it needed saying twice ;)

I'm not sure on the idea of 100% NOS though.... might want to figure out a safer level before you blow yourself up as you spin off the lights.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

By 100% I mean 100% of the maximum a given jet could provide.

ChrisVR6NOS is your man for this :-)

But personally I think bottles are for babies :-) Or men that don't have enough power or boost!

But personally I think bottles are for babies :-) Or men that don't have enough power or boost!

:lol: :lol: :p

Class!!!!

The thing is, by your posts i can tell right away that you are just entering the arena of nitrous injection as there are fundimental errors in your statements!

Chris

The thing is, by your posts i can tell right away that you are just entering the arena of nitrous injection as there are fundimental errors in your statements!

Chris

Tell me, I'm willing to learn...... :oops:

To start with there is only 1 place where you can repeatably repy upon getting the same perameters for mixture and air flow so you can set the nitrous jets correctly and that is at WOT(wide open throttle) so it has to be switched on there and there is no point in doing anything else.

The idea of nitrous is to provide more power, if you have an amout coming in at 80% throttle why not just put your foot down 20% more to get more power from the engine then when your power has maxed and there's nothing more the engine can give that's when the nitrous comes in.

Keep it simple and don't get carried away.

PWM(pulse width modulation) is the best way to control the solenoids however it's nor really neccessary below 100bhp and 75bhp in 1 shot is impressive enough so for now forget about the progressive.

The knock sensors are crap and no way good enough to rely upon to sort out detonation, it just won't work i've tried it.

The power comes from the fuel and air burning in the right ratio, all nitrous is, is an auxilliary supply of air, this is where you need to concentrate your efforts.

You can find switching solenoids in industry that you can use for making your kit, they might not be as good as WON pulsoids but these are pretty much all NX and NOS use for thier kits.

Else bits the bullit and hunt for aa used WON kit on Ebay or somewhere even the WON forum, things come up cheap enough from time to time.

The bottle is going to be a tricky one to get other than to get a one from one of the nitrous kit manufacturers, they have calibrated fracture discs fitted for safety.

Chris

Not sure its for me, because im a scaredy cat, but....... your mentallists, i love it :-) and respect for taking it on ;-)

I also love reading this stuff, so keep it coming!

NickVR6, It's just not that scary, just a bit more power when needed, the novelty soon wears off and becomes normal.

It feels just like the power band on a two stroke motorbike when using a single shot with 75jets

Chris

i keep geting reminded that my car has done 140k and i shouldt nos her - i do drive her hard allot anyway as to keep up with fiet pandas lol would it put 2 mich strain on her do you think to nos her?

see, there's a silly comment already.

it doesn't blow engines up, it's an oxygen supply to let you burn more fuel that's all!

I have 189000 miles on

mine and it runs nitrous fine, build it if you like but not purely because you want to run nitrous.

I need to see about selling a few kits, fitting & calibration can be offered too within reason.

Not to mess about, the WON kit with the 11lb bottle will be £600 which is £35 cheaper than WON offer them so who's serious about getting gassed up?

It's the best way to get big reliable power for not a fortune.

Chris