Sign in to follow this  
snotrag

Potential club member/owner, would like help!

Heavy modding is not on the cards yet, not on the engine front anyway....

( famous last words. )

Im gonna do some more detailed insurance quotes on 16v's and G60's, its jsut maintenance that would put me off a Charger.

Its my only car so gotta be driveable day to day.

Rob - what you studying? Im doing Engineering Design, got a year designing buses ahead of me!

its jsut maintenance that would put me off a Charger.

Buy a G60 and send the charger to G-werks for a rebuild, it costs about £400. Then you won't have to worry about it for at least 30k miles ( which should be at least 2 years unless you drive loads , which works out £200 a year - not as bad as people make out )

When you buy a G60 without a serviced charger ,in general they go for much less than equivelent G60's with rebuilt chargers , so it works out much better to send it off yourself than to buy a G60 with fresh charger.

I'll think about it... but i mgetting ahead of myself, Im still saving and its pointless buying one before im 21, and paying a years worth of 20yr olds insurance.

Deffinitely check the insurance quotes......my G60 was less to insure per year than my old 2.0 16v. I guess the insurance monkeys just looked at the displacement and didnt know what a supercharger was.... :?

Also in my 3 years of ownership the G60 has been much better on fuel than the 16v. In fact I would say the savings made up for the cost of my supercharger rebuild......until it grenaded..... :lol:

Im studying computing mate, im working for Unilever now doing web programming so im on a good wage which is why im getting a vr :D i just cant wait for just the sound of the v6!!!!

[sensible Head On] I'd recommend starting with a 1.8 16v tbh, as it's only insurance group 15 (same as the Mk2 GTI 16v), and mostof them are old enough, that you can now put them on Classic Car Insurance on a limited miles policy.

[sensible head off]

Whatever you get mate, enjoy & I might see you at the next Squires Cafe meet (look for the tatty diesel with the rusty rear valance :-) ).

Cheers,

Tom