Sign in to follow this  
herisites

Am i right?

Hi everyone,

I know that i have been saying this for ages now and tbh im a little fed up of saying it but ... i am hoping to get a vr very soon as soon as iv sold my car. I have found a really nice vr on the trader that i want. Its been lowered 40mm the seller tells me but the front looks alot lower than the rear. Now am i right in thinking (i heard this mentioned in another thread one time) that he hasnt removed the bump stops (?) meaning it wont lower much and if removed the back will sit lower? Or is it just that the back doesnt lower as much as the front full stop?

Here is the pic:

media?id=357885832

Thanks,

Rob.

yeah it does look awesome as it is, but i will be putting some 9x16's on and i just think it will look silly with a gap at the back not the front if you get me.

the back is higher to start with, if you want the car to look 'level' you need a 60/40 split setup although IMO they handle better withthe back a touch higher. I'd be wary of that car though, the front looks very low for a 40mm drop - could be the suspension topmounts are knackered. not expensive or hard to change but hey, might get you a bit knocked off the price. I'd bet you a tenner he didnt change the top mounts when he did the suspension.

as for the bump stops, them being fitted or removed shouldnt effect the ride height of the rear of the car, but IIRC the fronts rest on the bump stops all the time? anyone confirm that?

Leave the back higher, it's how they handle best. Look at any modern hot hatch, they all have a slight nose down stance.

And yeah, 9x16s don't do the Corrado any favours at all in the handling department.

I can back that up having just removed 9x16's in favour of some 7.5x16's.. worlds of difference in the handling department.

9x16's are definately for show..

So 7.5 x 16's is they way to go is it MOD's ? what tyres you running on them bad boyz?

Thanks for the replies guys, i will ask the guy about the top mounts, i was not aware of this. I guess i was totally wrong about the bump stops, but i remember viewing a thread from someone who put lowering springs on his car and complained the back was way too high, then he was told to remove the bump stops and that made the back drop more.

I agree about the stance, i think the C looks great with the back slightly higher than the front, just that with 9x16's i think it looks best without much of a gap between wheels and arches. Will the 16's fill the arches a bit more?

Also i was not aware that 9x16's effect the handling, i will go with them at first for show as i can get a set really cheap and they will look the nuts, however if i decide i want more handling ability i may change the wheels.

Thanks again for the help,

Rob.

So 7.5 x 16's is they way to go is it MOD's ? what tyres you running on them bad boyz?

BUMP

205 40 R16's all the way round guys, werll that's what I've had on all my sets of 16" wheels, no scrubbage, profile just right and easily obtainable at reasonable prices,

Cheers

:iamwithstupid:

215 40 16s also fit and won't mess the speedo up...

7.5x16 is deffo the best handling package I've tried on my Corrados... 8)

What size tyres would be best for 9's without scrubbing issues and not too much stretch?

I will be keeping standard speedlines on for a while when i get the car just to have a play and get used to the car, then i will slam it and put some 9x16's on just to look sexual!! lol

Thats only if i ever get one :(