Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

New Scirocco - dealers now taking deposits

Finally got ound to placing my deposit for a new Scirocco - now have a letter stating:

1. The first customer car is mine

2. I will be free to determine spec / colour etc as info becomes available

3. Deposit fullly refundable should I change my mind at any time up to signing the official order form

All for £500

Finally got ound to placing my deposit for a new Scirocco -

lucky sod, just wish i was able to afford one .. maybe one day, i bet your dead excited Andy665 .. any idea when expected delivery will be, sounds like there might be a bit of a wait

Dealers know absolutely nothing.

Just been offered a job with a large dealer group so may be going back into realms of a company car, fortunately the role would cover some VW sites so I could probably wangle one as a company car, certainly getting a decent car and a regular change cycle is a dead cert negotiating point as far as I'm concerned - Golf GTi is the starting point

I'll have some pictures for you on the 25th of August mate just so you know what you're buying.. or even laaate on the 24th of August depending on whether I take my laptop with me to Germany ;)

Not sure - official unveiling is Paris Motorshow in September..

Definitely not in Volkswagen UK's marketing plans for 2007, my guess is Paris unveiling will be of a pre-production prototype labelled as a concept. This seems to be the way that major manufacturers work nowadays, slightly watered down production versions following on about 12-18 months later

I would think that a 1.5-2k premium over the equivalent Golf is a decent ballpark figure

my guess is Paris unveiling will be of a pre-production prototype labelled as a concept.

Correct, that's what we've been invited to come and see and celebrate in Berlin on the 24th August :-)

even laaate on the 24th of August

Yeah right. You didn't think VW are gonna keep us sober, now did you ?

:lol: Well, I hope not :lol: If they've already invited some Swedish band for some party atmosphere ... Ahhh, what joy to be getting p*ssed with VW's CEO :-)

Any idea of price? Or even a ballpark figure?

During my last visit in Berlin the VW marketing people said around the 22k Euro for the entry-level "Scirocco", the one with a measley 1.4 liter FSI 170 bhp engine.

Tempest

22k Euro - thats about £15.5k, add a bit on for privilege of RHD, add abit more on for the extra std equipment that Volkswagen UK usually requests and you're up to about £18.5k, cheaper than an Alfa GT, comparable to a Celica (soon to be axed) and a bit more than a Hyundai Coupe

I'll eat my hat if VW release this at LESS than the cost of a Golf GTI...

Well doesn't the 1.4 TSI Golf GT cost approx 17k.. surely if a Golf costs that much, a 'sporty' coupe is going to cost more?

Thats exactly why I wanted the deposit to be totally refundable, not been exactly bowled over with Volkswagens last few attempts on the styling front - heavy handed are the words that spring to mind

I think the TSI GTI starts at £20k officially and I doubt there is much discount given at the moment, my local dealer hasn't even got a demonstrator as demand is so high...

They also do an SE TSI I think for about £15k but the power output is lower...

There are 2 power outputs available for the TSI - 140 and 170PS, they are only just starting to filter through, think the 170PS is around 17.5k

Can you imagine taking the TSI in for a service though? "It's got a turbo AND a Supercharger? Are you sure sir? and what's a Scirocco?" Hmmmm...yes, and it's got 8 spark plugs per cylinder aswell and a proton pack in the scuttle panel....

andy, any idea on the situation for general order? as in if i want to order one can i just go to the bristol dealership, or is it centrally ordered?

comparable to a Celica (soon to be axed)

WAIT!!!!!!!! please answer me this you still have a Celica? any pictures of this current years model? cause we haven't had one in uhh 2 years now...