Sign in to follow this  
stormseeker

Not a Write Off :-))) and now fixed...

I was turning right at a set of lights into work, there was a car opposite me waiting to do a U turn. Thought the road behind it was clear, but pulled out straight into the path of a Mondeo, just appeared from nowhere!!!!

Feel really crappy....

never mind. you now get a chance to do some max power style mods. Are you gonna get a jap front bumper? I saw one on a corsa the other day big enough to catch a dog. All that downforce must make 1.1 corner really well :lol: :lol:

So how bad is it then? A complete write off or repairable. Is it just cosmetic or is it as bad as it looks.

Oh mate.. I'm really sorry to see that :(

As long as you are ok, guess thats the main thing. I suspect it might be a write off with VR6 prices as they are these days :( :(

Really sorry to see that m8

Feel really crappy....

Can imagine ..I have nightmares about that sort of thing happening all the time.

On the bright side ...the damage may not be as bad as it first appears

Oh crap!

Sorry to see that mate. :cry:

In my opinion the insurance company probably will write it off,but on the bright side you could buy it back from them and get the panels from some of the guys off here!

Or if your interested there's a white '91 G60 for sale up here for £2795 at a local dealer.(just a little far to travel though :lol: )

Oooh, bummer... :(

Hope it's not as bad as you think it is at the moment....

Main thing is that you're OK... :)

Fingers crossed that she's fixable...

Ouch that looks Nassty! Glad your ok mate which is the most important thing. :)

You never know it mght polish out with a bit of T- Cut! :twisted:

No only kidding mate sorry to see it like that....

Still waiting for the insurance company's assesor to look at it. (Guy at their repairers asked me if I wanted it writing off???). If it's written off will probably buy it back and get it repaired.

Feeling more sh1tey the more I think about it :-(

Didn't help the police turning up and threatening me with careless driving. After the formal caution & interview the WPC then says "If you sign up for this Driving Inmprovement scheme - it won't be taken any further" Which would cost me £150!!! Another fcuking money-spinner for the police. Of course I declined, then she tells me that she would recommend no further action to be taken anyway. Cheek of it!

Just the kind of hassle you want off the plod when your pride and joy has just been trashed in the street. Sods :(

Have you been down the hospital to get yourself checked over?

Hope you are ok - that's got to be the bottom line! Much as we love them (and I am gutted for you) cars are only metal and can be repaired/replaced - people unfortunately cannot!! Hope that doesn't sound too patronising, I don't mean it to.

Hope everything works out the way you want it to. Reckon you might be right on the decision point of writing off...no bad thing (you said the assessor asked if you wanted it written off - suggests you have a choice??) Bonnet - £350ish, 2 x front wings (possibly? can't see) £500-600, bumper (not sure), radiator, paint, labour etc, etc and you could be getting close to the 60% of value figure ins companies use to write off cars. You may be in a position to play the situation to your advantage.

Just trying to cheer you up, keep us updated.

Good luck,

Tim

Did that monado pull out around the car waiting to do a u-turn as in undertake or something??

Must've done - I have no idea where it came from! To make matters worse - it's a known blackspot, right outside where I work, must've been across that junction 100s of times, so I know to be careful there....

The WPC told me that even if the mondeo had been doing 100mph it would still've been my fault!

Just got back from having another look over the car at the repairers - really made me want to cry :( :cry: I know that in the grand scheme of things it's only a tin box that can replaced, but spending so much time & energy on it, it's human nature to get attached to it... boo hoo

Anyway, assesor reckons min. £2500 parts plus £1000 labour.

(I actually saw the computer programme they use to work out the quotes - it was like ETKA but the exploded diagrams of the car had parts costs & labour costs associated with them. VW Corrado was on the list but had no info. in there, so he did a quick & dirty estimate based on a Golf VR6)

Let's see what he comes up with when he phones around and gets some quotes for Corrado parts :shock: :shock: :shock:

very sorry about your luck mate!! that can happen to anyone, just a shame it had to be a corrado! let the insurance sort itself.. stay cool and you'll be through all this shite soon enough... you're ok and thats the main thing.

just reading your last post now.. i think if he based the rough estimate on a golf then it will be well low, as i'm sure you're aware of.

Jesus! So sorry to hear about this, Chris :(

I feel gutted so I can't even imagine what you are feeling.

Any objection if I put this in General? It's too depressing seeing it in the Gallery section :(

oh god,such a beuaty i feel so bad! Has it done any engine damage mate? it can be fixed but i guess it wont feel the same car. i have experienced this feeling and it sucks also flash backs haunt you down. All the luck to you brother!

migs

g60

uh not nice

just a quick question how much did you have it insured for???? that will usually give you a idea on if the will write it off

personally it just looks like a new front end which you could source the parts for about £300-£600 depending on how much you pay and if you get new headlamps, fogs etc plua about £500 for spraying it all up so round if of to £1000 thats of course if the is no structual damage

but good look with it

Sorry mate but that is a write off no question.... from what I can see there you need:

Two wings

Bonnet

Slam Panel

Front Valence

Front Bumper

Front headlights / indicators / fog lamps / etc

And also probably some jigging to the inside front wings dependent on how bad it is....

I would advise against buying it back if it requires jigging - it would never be the same....

The damage on my old valver was not as bad as that and I got quoted £4000 for parts / labour.... 11 months ago.......

I know how your feeling though mate *:(

Scott

Sorry mate but that is a write off no question.... from what I can see there you need:

Two wings

Bonnet

Slam Panel

Front Valence

Front Bumper

Front headlights / indicators / fog lamps / etc

And also probably some jigging to the inside front wings dependent on how bad it is....

I would advise against buying it back if it requires jigging - it would never be the same....

The damage on my old valver was not as bad as that and I got quoted £4000 for parts / labour.... 11 months ago.......

I know how your feeling though mate *:(

Scott

agree with you there scott........ the headlight/slam panel for instance is approx £700(the VWCCGB Scottish region host needed a new one last year) though genuine wings can be bought cheap enough at £150-ish each........even so this is looking £2k in parts if not more :shock: :shock:

anyway Chris m8 glad your OK but really sorry that your C has been mangled,hopefully the insurance co will settle it to your liking