Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

vr6 discs onto a 16v??

Ok am thinking about changing the discs (f&R) to VR6 as the range of 5 stud wheels is much greater than 4x100 and I don't really want to run adaptors...

Is this a relativly straight swop? Discs and bearings? Or a Weston (Super Mare)??

Has anyone come up with a disc setup pre-drilled to Porsche 5 stud? (like they have in the Air-cooled world..)

G60 brakes are the same size as the VR6s and would be a much easier option, the VR6 has 5 stud wheels so you'd need to change the hubs and wheels. All corrado's have the same size rear brakes so there's no point changing them.

As said, VR brakes are a pig to fit to anything other than a VR because they're 5x100 instead of 4x100.

You can get some Brembos from some sort of Seat to fit, but I'm not sure what they are exactly - have a search though and you should find lots of info on it.

So wht should they be such a pain?

Any-one know if any-one out there does stock style discs but with 5x100 stud pattern? I know some co. does stock but with Porsche stud pattern discs....

The rear discs are a straight swap as it's just the discs that have the 5x100 pattern - however, on the front it's not just the discs that are 5x100 but the hubs as well; and if you change the hubs, then you have to change the driveshafts, and if you have to change the driveshafts, then...etc! As flusted said...