Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

1.8t Conversion on my G60

Hello

I was wondering what the cost would be for this conversion on my G60 (roughly). I would be looking for around 280bhp. Or any ideas how I could get my G60 up to around 250bhp.

Engine Spec

AMD CHIP & 70mm PULLEY PLUS STAGE 4 CONVERSION ON THE SUPERCHARGER

VIBRATECH FRONT ENGINE MOUNT

SWG TWIN G60 INLET

K&N PANEL FILTER

SUPER SPRINT CAT BYPASS PIPE

JETEX STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST

WATER & METHONAL INJECTION

BIG VALVE HEAD

SUPER SPRINT MANIFOLD 4 TO 1

SCHRICK CAM

PORTED & POLISHED THROTTLE BODY

ADJUSTABLE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR (FUEL PRESSURE * 2)

the next thing you can do is get a 65mm pulley with a toothed belt conversion

get you inlet mani p&p and might as well do your throttle body while your there!

then an r1 SPEC charger!

then get a bigger bottom end bored out to a 1940cc or whatever you want to go to! like blue joe and henny have done

then i think you'd get close to your 250bhp! like mike_g60 from the forum!

regarding turbo conversions thou fella there is loads of threads on here just have a search!

p.s your power output is very similar to mine freaky!

you may not need to change engines, with work on the flow, charger and cooling you could see that amount or nearby...

Failing that you can turbo the G60 engine which a couple of people have done, with the right boost you can see good numbers. Depends on your preference for low down grunt or mid range from the turbo. If you drop the Glader then you can recoup some money that way.

Keep us posted!

Is the toothed belt conversion good for the charger (extra vibration from the belt)? How much would the kit cost?

walesy yes of course sorry i forgot that a fmic is a must for a high powered g60 and some red top injectors!

speak to darren from g-werks for toothed belt think the kit is £285 iirc

I'd say:

- intercooler - have a look at the RadTec kits

- port match the inlet manifold (you already have the TB done)

- go for a screw charger over the g-lader.

alternatively (like Lippy commented) look at IHIG60's car - he's gone for an 1870(ish) rebuild with forged pistons etc and converted to an IHI turbo. He's had to fit other things like leads etc etc which will have bumped up the cost - but he's now over 300bhp and similar torque - kills off scoobies and the like. But you could achieve a good figure you'd probably be happy with without going 1.9 and fitting the IHI - speak to _monkey_ (I think thats his name or something similar).

I'd still consider a screw charger though.

cheers for the advice

PS Think I'll stick by the g60 then. I'll get a better intercooler then take it from there.

the IHI is an interesting route to take - and i'd stick with the G60 engine over swapping to 1.8T - you get to keep the investments you've made to date. plus theres still plenty of options. intercooler is logical next step imo

I'd say:

- intercooler - have a look at the RadTec kits

Do radtec do a kit for a Corrado G60. Only seen one for Golf G60, does this fit the Corrado?

Cheers

Sandy

I'm not 100% on that - ask Gwerks - I have a feeling they stock them. If they do then they'd be great - can do an intercooler/fan/radiator upgrade is one go. let me know if you can pls

Sandy, was pushing 250BHP (244.5 BHP to be exact-yes huge loss from flywheel to power ATW but that was due to running 9x16" wheels and a crappy worn gearbox without an LSD) in my white G60, before my latest mods, remember at Star Performance ? So should see a wee bit more hopefully in my blue one when engine finished, and a shed-load more torque. Hoping for at least 200-215BHP ATW when completed.

Think the Rad-Tec MK2 G60 coolers fit but are around £500 plus VAT and carriage with no pipework, or you can get your own one fabricated and sort pipework for about 30-40 % of the cost of rad-tec one (have a few companies details if req'd).

To get anymore than 260+BHP outta a G60 you are looking at going 1.9L or 2.0L bottom end and hi-flow CNC head etc. that's prob another £2500-£3000 there alone.........

Sure, you could get a 1.8T conversion done for £2500-£3000 all in but wouldn't be OEM, defeats purpose of buying G60 in first-place, everyone and their dog is doing 1.8T conversions and they sound like a Dyson hoover, LOL !

Cheers

BigTartanJudge

Sandy, was pushing 250BHP (244.5 BHP to be exact) in my white G60, before my latest mods, remember at Star Performance ? So should see a wee bit more hopefully in my blue one when engine finished, and a shed-load more torque.

Yeah a remember yer white G60 (beast). what am looking for is a intercooler kit that comes complete (which can be installed with as little modifications to ma C as possible - don't readlly what to cut the bumper for airflow etc).

If you could supply me with the best size intercooler to go for & suppliers for the pipe work that would be wicked.

Cheers

;)

struan - any chance you could list the spec of your car (white or blue) please? I can see the sig but sure theres lots not mentioned there and in this case wheels etc dont make a difference.

and yes I'd like to know about the intercoolers - PM me if you'd rather - as sandy said - hacking away material for fitting is not desirable...

Thanks