Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Replacing light in old style slider heater controls

Has any-one done this? If so where the H*ll can I get a replacement bulb?

Have sperated the control panel and managed to get the yellow/beige bulb out but bu**ered if I can fine some-one who can supply!

Ideas?

When I needed to do mine I looked through a Maplin electronics catalogue and picked one with approximately the right dimensions which worked off 12V.

:offtopic1: Loving the notch vwdeviant, I've promised myself one for a while now - and finally found one on VZi. Getting it next week and I can't wait!! Bit of a bummer though as the C's going to have to go to pastures new :cry:

Not sure on the bulb though, surely its a standard fit for lots of cars rather than just C specific?

Radge, got a photo of it yet? I used mine (a 69 cross over last of the early body but with late mechs, now where have I heard that before.... ;) ) for one winter as a daily befor ethe realisation that there's next to bugger all (I think mine was the only '69) of them left! Promptly went out and bought a Scirrocco (which also turned out to be a rare crossover '82 GTi Late body with early parts...damn!)

No pics yet, it's being deliverd on Thursday so I'll post some up Friday. It's a '66, same style indicators as yours. I think I'll get a cheap Polo to plough around in over winter, but I'll see how it goes first.

Any luck with the bulb?