Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

New Scirocco in Auto Express

Lovin that yellow thing! :)

Like you say Tempest, proof of design talent. They just need to get it past all the gimps in grey suits (accountants) etc :)

Wasn't meant as a dig at Karmann Eric - but just saying from VW's point of view it was a nightmare. Delayed, very expensive, and in the grand scheme of things a flop - the Corrado wasn't exactly a success except in the eyes of those who drove it! :)

Right:

Where are we going this Thursday?

http://www.scirocco2.de/abwesenheitsnotiz.pdf

My mate Dirk's note to his colleagues to take over for him at his company :lol:

Who are these Mando Diao chaps from Sweden, that are playing for us?

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mando_Diao

OK, it's in German, but the discography at the bottom might mean something to some of the more knowledgable here :-)

The actual event?

1000 peeps have been invited by VW, including press and TV (Jeremy Clarkson anyone?), some unnamed VIPs (that's us then :lol:).

Best of all: I'll be picking up the outstanding parts for my airco-condenser change from someone in Berlin (where these parts are still readily available unlike with my local dealer) :-) She's already got everything including the hard-to-get R12-compatible receiver/drier.

Tempest

c4d5c485fcf02af9a458a4bb47a841.jpg

Looks far too much like a MINI (BMW MINI of course)

The truth is we, Corrado owners, will never all be happy with any new VW design, all the crap they have to allow for now kills and original design and pegs back any sort of individualism. They must know that this is not how they want the car too look, car designers (well most of them) have to be more into how a car looks than any of us on here, they have legislation to stick to as well as trying to please the mass market, and we surly all know anything that the masses pick up and like is poo poo! So we will never like.

Even if we did like the new car and were happy with it, if it became a success, I dare say many of us would quickly put off it.

Have you seen one of those Cooper GP mini's in the flesh?

Hideous! I saw one yesterday and it nearly made me sick :(

It's fookin horrible - looks like millions of ripspeed bits have been glued on and they didn't even bother colour coding them! Yuk.

Have you seen one of those Cooper GP mini's in the flesh?

Hideous! I saw one yesterday and it nearly made me sick :(

It's fookin horrible - looks like millions of ripspeed bits have been glued on and they didn't even bother colour coding them! Yuk.

Have you driven one? 8)

The styling is different and lots of customers havent liked it.. however, every customer thats been in the showroom has commented on it.

As a PR tool, its worked perfectly.. And the drive is just awesome.

So if Dot Cotton was an absolute demon between the sheets, would you ignore what she looked like and give her one anyway mate?

Not me :)

It seems to me that because almost all new cars are hideous people are more and more willing to accept a munter :( You've hit the nail on the head - PR bullsh*t. IMO that is a lame excuse for making a car look like a sick dog.

And NO I HAVEN'T DRIVEN ONE! For the above reasons :)

Just like all my mates over in Germany, my luggage has been packed (suit and tie), swimming trunks included (have a look at the luxurious pool at the Grand Hyatt in Berlin, folks), camera packed (dead battery :-(, so need to get new batteries asap tomorrow), ticket and passport packed, just one more hour at work tomorrow, and we're off to Berlin to give VW the thumbs up or down on their Iroc, the new Scirocco prototype :-)

Will I be able to sleep tonight? The excitement ...

Tempest

lol - just debating how the hell i'm going to take my suit. Looks like it'll have to be hung up in its protective bag somehow! Hm...