Sign in to follow this  
MikeVR6

Will this Charger Work With My VR6??

Hi guys,

I've got an M Reg VR6. I'm looking for a well priced Supercharger Kit for it and spotted this one for sale:-

This is a complete sgt1 kit almost brand new. the kit is for obd2 cars so all vr6 models 96-99 this kit will fit and will bolt on in basiclly a day or afternoon pending your skills. the kit has less than 5K miles on it because it was on a show car that wasnt driven much....comes with everything needed . blower is polished....was on a show car thats why the miles are low. i bought it locally and never installed it.

detailed list of what comes with....

V9 Charger "F" model

4.0BAR FPR

oil catch can

carbon canister relocate vacuume lines

misc other vacuume lines

forge DV (metal)

Bosch DV (plastic)

misc clamps

serpentine belt

oil pan tap & punch

brackets

intake tube from charger to TB

intake tube from airfilter to charger

air filter with shroud to protect it from water intake

oil feed and return lines

oil pan cap incase charger is removed

misc silicone connectors

reprogrammed ECU chip for OBD2

spark plugs are not included becxause theyre not what the box says and i dont think theyre the right ones...

i can get the correct plugs if need be for an additional £12 and they will brand new. please feel free to ask any questions. thanks

this kit is made to run at 6psi and is said to make 230WHP on a stock VR6

I'm not sure whether my VR is ODB1 or 2. It has a coilpack ignition system rather than the earlier dizzy cap model. It also has an ODB diagnostics plug, but I think all VRs have that anyway.

Someone please help. Money is burning a hole in my pocket! :-P

yeh Mike it will fit, but you will need an obd1 chip, best thing to do is fit the charger, then get to stealth for a re-map, that will cost ya £350.

The Guy in Dundee selling this doesn't accept anything other than wire transfer. Very risky unless of course you meet him. Probably totally sincere but I wasn't prepared to take that chance. A new one was only a few hundred more anyway!

230 WHP, not likely. Assuming a 30% transmission loss, which seems the norm on VR6s, then that's a 300hp crank figure. 250 is the normal crank figure for 6psi, or 192 WHP.

OBD1 chip required and OBD1 charger discharge pipe.