Sign in to follow this  
Foggystorm

clifford concept 650

How do I adjust the sensitivity of the proximity sensors on my C, as at the moment it will randomly give a warning tone and pisses off the neighbours. Also does anyone know how I turn off permenantly the proximity sensor (just incase adjusting the sensitivity doesnt fix it)

Foggy

Ah Mine did this, according to the monkeys that fitted it, this was down to the "heavy tint" (Its factory Green!)

If your sensor's in the same place as mine (the rear ashtray/ tunnel) then the heat from the exhaust can affect it.

I'm trying to find a Clifford dealer who'll undo this under warranty!

the proximity sensors on my C, as at the moment it will randomly give a warning tone and pisses off the neighbours.

LOL, I have the same problem, more of an issue though in the summer when its toasty hot!!!!!! :help:

Find the sensor - will be central in the car, i.e. under the gear stick by the Diagnostic connector - it will have a screw on it and + / -. Turn screw towards -.

Agreed. I've had Cliffords on two of my cars...

Yes, an alarm is only as good as the installer - and these two were installed brilliantly, however, that doesn't stop the hardware giving up, or changing it sensitivity when you're away on holiday and you come back to a wrath of angry neighbours, etc...

Passat has factory alarm, and it's staying like that!

I've got one on the G40 ( fitted before I bought it ) and I have to give a fob to my neighbour when i'm away so he can turn it off when it goes off for no reason :roll:

Autowatch all the way for me!

Apparently thye best place for the sensor's high up (by the sunroof)! Avoids the heat/cool cycle of being by the exhaust. I'm going to get mine moved...

As Andi says, it's really simple to adjust, if you can find the little sensor box. Flat head screwdriver and you just turn it clockwise or anticlockwise.