Sign in to follow this  
sefton

How low is your Corrado?

How much have you lowered your Corrado?

Do you have any problems like scraping on speed bumps etc?

Thanks.

im 12cm from bottem of chin spoiler to tarmac, not that low but get a few scrapes,

can someone measure the normal ride height for me?

mines really low, basically theres no gap between the arch and the tyre

think ive lowered it about 60mm but not sure exactly cos i ve changed the height a couple of time cos i got adjustables

my c was the lowest on display on the corrado club stand at gti inter (saturday) :lol:

my beast has been lowered by 80mm I ve now taken the front spoiler off the bumper now as I have wrecked 3 of the bloomin things in the past 6 months. When the poiler is on the car you cant get your foot between the ground and the poiler it's that low it used to be even lower when I had the 15" wheels on it but the 17's have given a little more clearance. Speed bumps used to be non negotiable with the spoiler on but with it off I can quite happily get over most speed bumps now :D

The C i just bought was already lowered. There is only 9cm clearance between the chin spoiler and the ground :shock:

Strangly enough i'v only caught it once. That was when i hit a speed bump i missed in the dark. I took of Dukes of Hazard stylee!!!

I fitted coilovers recently.

To get an acurate measurement I had to measure from the ground, (90* through the centre of the wheels) to the top of the wheel arch. It leaves a nice even gap all round the 17" rims and more importantly just lightly skims the heighest of those speed bumps. So, to the top of the wheel arches at the back measures 605mm. The front arches measure 595mm. I have the 90mm spoiler on thc car and its 105mm from the ground.

Setting up an even ride height was not as easy as I thought. Its not just a matter of going round each wheel and setting it to the required height. Every time you adjust one corner it affects the other three corners as well. It took me ages, going round taking of each wheel and making slight adjustments. I had to go round the car about five times, jacking up, taking wheel off, adjusting coilover, putting wheel back on, removing jack, pushing down to ensure the shock was seated properly only to find that the other heights had changed :x

In sayiny that, now that the car is properly set-up any further changes can be made quite easily.

No pictures at the minute but mine was less than an inch from the spoiler to the tarmac! :shock:

Have raised it an inch for the rest of the winter as i destroyed my splitter in the snow the other week.

The beauty of coilovers!!

mines is too frickin hi :cry: ....gives it the 4x4 look :shock:

though hopefully a koni coil-over kit will be purchased at gti-international to sort that out :wink:

Lowered? Yup, mine is! :?

I fitted a supersprint adjustable kit to the car last weekend and it's "settled" since... (I didn't mean to have her this low, it just kinda happened! :oops: )

I'm having the car corner weighted and castor/camber/tracking sorted by a pro motorsport place next friday and they'll be raising the car an inch or so 'cos it's a bit mental at the mo!

Edit: photos re-sized to >100K

http://www.randomlogic.co.uk/low.jpg

http://www.randomlogic.co.uk/enough.jpg

I just measured the height.... :shock:

wheel centre to wheel arch (front) 295mm

ground to bumper 145mm NOTE: Corner of bumper on wheel arch, not from the spoiler... I removed the spoiler when I got the car!

She handles like she's on rails, but my chiropractor sure isn't going to like it! :lol:

I'll update this when I get her set up properly...