Sign in to follow this  
mtc R32

8x17 Et27 on a VR6 ????

Spacers!!!

From my understanding of it mate (limited) the last thing you're gonna need there is spacers!

8 inch width and ET27 is going to be seriously filling the arches already i reckon! :) I currently have 7.5 inch et35 and they are basically pretty much flush with the outer edge of the arches.

Spacers!!!

From my understanding of it mate (limited) the last thing you're gonna need there is spacers!

8 inch width and ET27 is going to be seriously filling the arches already i reckon! :) I currently have 7.5 inch et35 and they are basically pretty much flush with the outer edge of the arches.

So Is Et27 gonna push them out further or bring them in.... This is all confusing... Whats the Azevs you have???

Whats ET short for????

Cause he's got little legs..!!!

Sorry, couldnt resist it. I think the lower the et the more pushed out the rims are. I think, but i could be wrong, it has been known before... ;-)

I'd say 5-8mm more offset and it'd be fine. Might be OK anyway. I like mine sticking out a bit more!

How would you achieve that extra 5-8mm ????

ET27 would poke past the arches on an 8. I have ET35 8x17s and they're just about level with the arch.

ET is just another meaning for offset, think it's a german abbreviation.

Basically, the smaller the ET number, the more it sticks out and the heavier the wheel will be. Big ETs sit well in the arch and weigh less.

On a VR, aim for 35 with 7.5 and 8J. ET35-40 on 7J and ET43-45 for 6.5J but with the latter two, you can also stick to ET35 and get more track (distance between the two wheels) for better handling.

I'd say 5-8mm more offset and it'd be fine. Might be OK anyway. I like mine sticking out a bit more!

How would you achieve that extra 5-8mm ????

Marcus

im running 8x17 with et38, so with et27 those wheels would sit 11mm further out than mine

the lower the ET the further out the wheels sit,

this website will calculate the difference between your current wheels and the ones your looking at

http://marksink.com/tire_wheel_offset/offset.html

more offset?

surely you mean less offset. more et?

ET27 would poke past the arches on an 8. I have ET35 8x17s and they're just about level with the arch.

ET is just another meaning for offset, think it's a german abbreviation.

Basically, the smaller the ET number, the more it sticks out and the heavier the wheel will be. Big ETs sit well in the arch and weigh less.

On a VR, aim for 35 with 7.5 and 8J. ET35-40 on 7J and ET43-45 for 6.5J but with the latter two, you can also stick to ET35 and get more track (distance between the two wheels) for better handling.

Marcus

im running 8x17 with et38, so with et27 those wheels would sit 11mm further out than mine

the lower the ET the further out the wheels sit,

this website will calculate the difference between your current wheels and the ones your looking at

Ok sort of getting it... Whats the Speedlines on my VR at the moment???

So does this mean they're gonna be no good for me??? Dont want to start rolling arches...

Speedlines are 43 or so I think mate.

Rolling arches won't even help if your car is low - the wheels will be past the arch. You'd have to flare the arches.