Sign in to follow this  
Yash

Motul Gear 300 75w-90 VS Silkolene Silktran Syn 5

After reading various posts i am still none the wiser as to which gear oil I should purchase. I've heard good things about the Motul as well as the Silkolene. Redline MT90 also seems to be highly rated when mixed with slick 50 gear additive.

So what your opinion/experience?

Thanks,

Yash

I am only using RedLine MT90 without the Slick50 additive, as i had a bad experience with Slick50 (engine) in the past with another car.

You can really feel the difference with RedLine MT90! :)

Blue_Joe, I will be propbably be buying either one of them from Oilman as his site has both on offer at the mo, unless I can find MT90 at the same sort of price.

Thanks for the input kongo127, so far MT 90 does sound like the one to go for.

Anybody else? It would be good to know other corrado owners thoughts/experiences with Motul and Silkolene.

Been using MT90 for years but in the 02A box it's not so critical, any half decent oil will do. It was the old 020 rod change box that saw night/day differences from oil quality. The 02A cable is a much better box and less fussy of oils.

Thanks for the info Kev, i may go for the Silkolene unless someone has something bad to say about it. Will post up my thoughts once i've replaced the oil.

A good 75w-90 is ideal, there is very little difference between an 80w-90 and a 75w-90, they more tell you what it is made from.

I would look at either the Silkolene Syn5 75w-90 or the Motul gear300 75w-90 as top options.

We looked at Redline and had some of their gear oils tested as we were thinking about stocking them, however we were not impressed.

Most important thing of all is DO NOT USE SLICK50 ADDITVE it just messes with the exsisting oil.

Cheers

Guy.