Sign in to follow this  
davidwatsonok

Meets/Drives. Anyone on here bother ?

Do any of you guys ever bother with regular meetings or drives out. Apart from organised events I haven't come across any on here (except Ace Cafe) and I just thought it might be pleasant to meet and chat to a few like minded enthusiasts. I regularly go on Subaru events and their calendars are possitively overflowing with fun gatherings.

PS. I don't mean McD or B&Q car parks. More country pub, nice meal, little run on empty challenging roads away from cities and PC Plod.

The road out of scotland, has more gatsos than fence posts. I try to avoid it!

I like to go north. You should go some day. There are no speed cameras at all north of inverness - the roads are amazing.

Doesnt that group drive thing not turn into a bit of a race?

I am all for track days.

It's only a race if the lead car makes it so. Put a mature and responsible driver in front and he sets the pace, and insist on no o/taking. I know what your saying about cameras, and I have on the odd occasion sampled Scotlands asphalt. As soon as I get my Scoob I will be heading to Applecross to run Belach Na Ba (sp?), a drivers must up there with Stelvio and the Ring.

Of course, you have to wonder if all those cameras are near schools, playgrounds, parks or danger spots, or are they just to collect revenue? B@5t@rd5!!!!!!!

My mate is a member of the Seat Cupra owners club in Teeside. I have been on a couple of their little excursions and they are a good laugh. Definitely worth orgainising one for ourselves northern people. Maybe in summer though when it is a little more pleasant.

Summer sounds like a good idea, but it ain't. The roads are full of families and grandads in Scenics & Rovers pootling about at 4mph and plod get a little shirty about organised events, especially near any Bank Holiday. Winter is our time. Nice empty roads while all the bores are sat in front of the fire & telly. I'm just a bit restricted with work as I work weekend nights only, but I am up for any midweek jaunts if anyone else is interested. Hell, I'll even consider organising it.

Anyone ?????

By "NoRice" I suppose it means anything non-jap. I was hoping to be more specific (without being snooty), but when is their next run. I might go for a look. I just don't want to find myself amidst a load of Nova/Saxo Burberry baseball cap wearing teenies.

Oh dear, I think I might have opened a hornets nest.

I live in York, And I know of at least 3 corrado minded individuals, so i could contact them davidwotsonok about a drive, but we'd still need more people.

thing is though, I'd need to go in someone elses car as i might get a beating for turning up in a modded saxo (ahem!)

I haven't been cracked by the Scooby mob yet (but I am quite big, LOL). TBH I don't care if a couple of different marques turn up. Just thought it could be fun for a few C's to meet up and share the enthusiasm. Only prob for me is I work weekends, so a midweek run suits me best. Could be a prob for others, and evenings are short now.

It's only a race if the lead car makes it so. Put a mature and responsible driver in front and he sets the pace, and insist on no o/taking. I know what your saying about cameras, and I have on the odd occasion sampled Scotlands asphalt. As soon as I get my Scoob I will be heading to Applecross to run Belach Na Ba (sp?), a drivers must up there with Stelvio and the Ring.

Of course, you have to wonder if all those cameras are near schools, playgrounds, parks or danger spots, or are they just to collect revenue? B@5t@rd5!!!!!!!

I go over it with my Tanker,it translates into 'pass of the cattle'

as it was just a drovers track as you may have guessed.

stop at the Inn at Applecross where Judith does the most amazing things with fish :-)

8)

The road out of scotland, has more gatsos than fence posts. I try to avoid it!

I like to go north. You should go some day. There are no speed cameras at all north of inverness - the roads are amazing.

Doesnt that group drive thing not turn into a bit of a race?

I am all for track days.

In northern constabularys area they have Volvo T5's that have vascar

and 3 mobile camera units,its not cart blanche anymore

but the vans are plain citreon partner types in blue,white and Red

see them in a layby and they have a lasergun on you

head for the westcoast,they dont do much out there except send a traffic car over to skye for a week or so every so often

chubbz :-P

check this one out... 8) ... or there's another one a bit later which should be slightly more like you want... 8)

In northern constabularys area they have Volvo T5's that have vascar

and 3 mobile camera units,its not cart blanche anymore

but the vans are plain citreon partner types in blue,white and Red

see them in a layby and they have a lasergun on you

head for the westcoast,they dont do much out there except send a traffic car over to skye for a week or so every so often

chubbz :-P

Aye west coast is good! I love the drive from the top of Kintyre right up to Fort William, and across to The Snek.

I am a Wicker, so am a pro at the golspie - Wick road!