herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

I think they work really well in the gun metal colour, i think too dark wouldnt have looked right...

They make the speedies look a tad on the wimpy side..

What next then Rob??

Yeah the speedies ran and hid from the brocks when i pulled them out the garage :lol:

What next?? Hmm well tonight im giving her some new oil, oil filter, and some ATE Powergroove discs and pads for the front and then giving her an all night polishing session ready for UD tomorrow morning :D

Next for the body is sorting out some small rust bubbles in places which the same guy will be doing. A bit of archwork to stop the rears catching and lower it a tad more 8) supercharge it when money allows and i have it driving nicer etc and i never thought about doing it before but i might get him to add some sprinter vents in the wings which look cool but will also allow for more airflow to the supercharger cone :D

They look really good mate, the second shot shows the difference in different light quite well too. 8)

Cheers stan. Yeah i thought that was a good picture to show the light change on them 8)

I'm relieved they seem to work on the car (which looks ACE, LOL ), I feared they would be too dark.

I'm relieved they seem to work on the car (which looks ACE, LOL ), I feared they would be too dark.

Yeah i feel exactly the same! When he mentioned spraying them black first i though "uh oh!" and then he said about the glass coat etc and it should appear a dark silver etc so i trusted him and im pleased with how they have turned out.

Cheers Bally :D

filofilsem, thanks for letting me know.

I think i might as well go for the 288's after all. I fitted some new discs lastnight and tried fitting new pads but the new ones pushed the calipers out and they were rubbing the wheels :mad: so no matter what i do i am still going to have to space the wheels out more so may as well space them out enough for 288's. Only thing is i would ideally like to test fit some 288's to see how much i would need to space the wheels out because i dont want them too far out because they will catch the arches!

Wow! :shock: They look absolutely stunning! 8)

Cheers mate :D i was a bit worried what people would think but so far so good!

Nice wheels mate, are the lips painted too? Can't really tell in pics?

Was worried they'd been sprayed different shades looking at some of the Pics.. But seems to suit the curvy nature of the Brocks...

Was wondering how they come out had visions of Black wheels with Purple pearl and silver metalflake! "Like Far Out Man!" :lol:

:lol:

They are the same finish all over but because of the glass coat and the curvature (sp?) of the wheels they appear lighter and darker in places etc. The lips have been machined down flat where as before they were quite round, this is mainly due to the amount of curbing they had on so he just machined them down but we both agree they look better.

See what i mean though about the purple being barely noticable!! You cant make it out unless you get the right light/angle then there's the slightest tint. He said that he used about 3 drops of ultraviolet paint for each wheel which is barely any at all!

Bugger :cry:

I overtook a forklift driver at work today and he decided to turn a bit too quickly and clipped my freshly refurbed wheel!! :mad:

I am going to report it tomorrow and see if work will pay for it to be refurbed ... AGAIN!!

Bugger... That was unlucky! Mind you he could've shoved the fork into the centr of the wheel :shock:

Good luck getting it fixed.

That's unlucky, hope you can get it sorted OK.

I suppose the only consolation is that that's all that happened, he could have easily clipped your bumper or body as well and left some foot long scrape!

Yeah it was quite unlucky and yep the language was fairly colourful :lol:

But atleast thats all that was done and like said if he turned any quicker or didnt react quick enough then it could of been my bodywork which would of been a shite site worse!!

Luckily im quite friendly with the guy who done the wheels so i went round his earlier and showed him and he is sorting it out for me on sunday for nothing so im chuffed with that! I just helped get his computer running a bit better in exchange :lol:

Bad luck mate - to cheer you up though - I think this is one of the best looking Corrados on the forum - it's certainly my favourite. All credit to you mate - you've done a lot of good work on it and very quickly! Even spent a long while on your mini-me too! Well done! :thumbleft: