herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

no worries Rob, and it will be fine with the matrix by-passed mate. like i said last night, mine has been by-passed for about 2 months :( i really dont want to do a matrix again. and it will take ya longer than 2 hours sorry timg60 but that is impossible.

karl

Cheers karl, still would rather get it done tbh mate so will order a new matrix today and get it done weekend. Not looking forward to it though as i have just had a look at the picture guide on the corrado club of canada website and it looks like more than 2 hours work!!! :(

Sure some-one posted a while ago that it "can" be done with the dash in situ... dunno if this is any more difficult than pulling the dash out?

Rob you ordering control Cables etc as well seeing as you'll be rumaging in the guts of the car!

My job this weekend is a removal of the headlining and new roof.. Joy!

Unlucky mate :(

Don't worry about running it with the bypass - I did the whole of last winter with mine bypassed. CHILLY! :(

Sure some-one posted a while ago that it "can" be done with the dash in situ... dunno if this is any more difficult than pulling the dash out?

Rob you ordering control Cables etc as well seeing as you'll be rumaging in the guts of the car!

My job this weekend is a removal of the headlining and new roof.. Joy!

Yeah good idea about changing the control cables whilst in there, i just read Kevs How To in the knowledge base so i think it should be fairly straight forward once the dash is apart :lol:

Does anyone know the part number for the cable though?

& there me thinking my cars a pain in the rear.. Ive had my matrix bypassed abt the same amount of time as Karl.. as I remeber us chatting abt it... hhmm maybe a CF matrix swap meet.. :lol:

& there me thinking my cars a pain in the rear.. Ive had my matrix bypassed abt the same amount of time as Karl.. as I remeber us chatting abt it... hhmm maybe a CF matrix swap meet.. :lol:

Yeah a CF matrix swap meet sounds like a good idea, there's plenty of room on ym driveway for a couple more rados :lol:

Yeah a CF matrix swap meet sounds like a good idea, there's plenty of room on ym driveway for a couple more rados :lol:

i think you would need a bloody big drive Rob, i can think of about 12 people on here with a f****d matrix :(

Check out this post http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=39815&p=460421&hilit=#p460421 for the guide to doing the replacement without taking the dash out :D This right up was posted by the previous owner of my current Raddo and I can confirm my matrix is still working and all dash parts are intact 8)

I replaced the matrix on my old valver (dash out) and it took me all day from early morning. It's not a hard job, just time consuming, although it gives you good opportunity to give everything a good clean and tidy up.

Good luck with it whichever option you take :)

Check out this post http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=39815&p=460421&hilit=#p460421 for the guide to doing the replacement without taking the dash out :D This right up was posted by the previous owner of my current Raddo and I can confirm my matrix is still working and all dash parts are intact 8)

I replaced the matrix on my old valver (dash out) and it took me all day from early morning. It's not a hard job, just time consuming, although it gives you good opportunity to give everything a good clean and tidy up.

Good luck with it whichever option you take :)

Thanks for the link! I think that guide has been put on the knowledge base so i may give that a go. Although to be fair i have prepared myself for a dash out job and my mate is willing to help so i might just do the longer job so i can do just what you said, clean everything up, de-rattle it and fit new control cables etc so my heater positions work correctly!! Makes sense really ... well i dont think i will be saying that when im half way through it at the weekend with wiring and loose screws everywhere!! :lol:

I think thats the best option, do it properly and don't take shortcuts.... you havent with the rest of your car so why start now :lol:

a little pic to prepare you for how bad it looks :shock:

where did you buy teh sticky back felt? My local John Lewis doesnt have any.

where did you buy teh sticky back felt? My local John Lewis doesnt have any.

If i told you i would have to kill you! :lol:

I actually got it from a guy on the Edition 38 forum, just happened to spot a for sale thread for some meter length sticky back felt for about a fiver i think it was so i bought a few rolls. His username was Garfayliu if you can find him :)

Well i just ordered my new matrix. Got it from GSF in the end as VW quoted me £115 +VAT so about £135! GSF on the other hand was £50 including VAT and delivery! Only things is the GSF one doesnt come with the warranty that would come with one from VW but sod paying that much more!

I also opted for next day delivery so i will definately have it for the weekend.

Im getting really depressed with my car at the moment! I have experienced a LOT of high times with it and it seems at the moment i am experiencing the inevitable low times :(

I took my car into the garage yesterday to check out the wheel bearings as i could hear a droning (i dunno when they were last done and running 9x16's doesnt help!). They ring me in the afternoon and tell me they cant hear anything ... ARE YOU FCUKING DEAF! I can hear a blatent wheel bearing drone. They say they will take it out again and ring me if they have any problems. I dont hear anything all day so assume all is well, go to pick it up and they have done fcuk all! They just say the same, "we took it out but couldnt hear anything coming from the front wheel bearings" so i go out with them for another road test, we are driving along and i hear the noise and point it out to him, "oh yeah i could hear that before but that sounds like rear bearings to me" WTF??!! I take the car in the get the bearings checked, they have clearly identified there is a worn bearing but they do sod all about it because i just thought it was a front bearing! Tits! So i tell them regardless of it being front or back i want it sorting out so i booked it in again for today, but i told them they might as well do both the rears considering both would of cost the same to do as one front. Picked it up about half hour ago, and right enough my rear wheel bearings were shot so they replaced them, lovely jubbly!

However i brought it home and i could still hear a faint wheel bearing droning which im adamant is the front wheel bearing that i must of fcuked when i changed my CV joint (had to belt the bastard out pretty hard so bound to upset the bearing!). So im not very happy really, well im ok with the changing the rear bearings as from the sound of it they REALLY needed doing anyway so im glad they are done, but i still need to now get the front done. So sod paying them again i think i will just get some bearings myself, take the hubs off and just take the hub and new bearings down the garage and get them to press them in to save me some money! I can do both at the same time then and atlease i know they are done.

But not only that thats annoying me, it just seems that lately my car is sounding old ie more rattles, squeaks, clunks and road noise etc which is getting on my tits. I have to obviously take the dash apart at the weekend to change my heater matrix so whilst thats all apart im going to clean it all up and stick shed loads of felt round it to stop rattles and squeaks from the dash. Then thought might as well do the rest of the interior and whilst at it shove a load of Dynamat down to make the car a whole lot quieter!!

Then fit my new brakes and hoses which will be a good thing and then back to bad things which is trying to stop my fcuking top mounts clunking when i turn the steering and stop the rear suspension squeaking (think i heard you shouldnt do the rear strut bolts up fully with the car off the ground and to do it when the car is on the ground settled??).

I WILL have a nice car and i WILL enjoy driving it again!!

Rant over :(

PMT??????? these cars do try us Rob, but would we change it?? answer = no..................

Did my rear compensator valve on Saturday, what an arse of a job! Loads of trouble getting the brake pedal back, spent all day on it. 4 hours to get the valve clear, the language was not good :shock: .

Then I went for a drive Sunday morning on some quiet twisty roads...... :lol: :lol: 8)

Don't get down Rob, just look forward to the next thrash!

Don't get down Rob, just look forward to the next thrash!

Thats the only thing keeping me going at the minute, i know it has its flaws but i also know its not going to take much to sort it out and soon it will have a fcuking great Rotrex supercharger bolted on the side of it :D so bring on the days of sunday morning SUPERCHARGED thrashes :D :D :D

PMT??????? these cars do try us Rob, but would we change it?? answer = no..................

Who me or the car?? :lol: i think it could easily be both, my car definately gets PMT but then so can i so i think we have just clashed at the moment which isnt good.

You are right though, the car causes me stress sometimes but i wouldnt swap it for anything, i fooking love the thing!! :lol:

sunday morning SUPERCHARGED thrashes

Yeah he gets on my nerves as well mate, but never really gone as far as proper violence yet! ;) :D :D

sunday morning SUPERCHARGED thrashes

Yeah he gets on my nerves as well mate, but never really gone as far as proper violence yet! ;) :D :D

Pmsl :lol:

Lol... Exactly... I finally fitted my stereo last night at my parents, jumped in the car to drive it home, it started and cut out straight away, now refuses to run. I *did* think about selling or breaking it for a short while afterwards, but I'm sure as soon as I hear the VR growling along again I'll change my mind. It is hard work when you hit those low spots though.

Well my new heater matrix arrived this morning, so im all set for the weekend now!

matrix.jpg

And also arrived this week are my new 288 brakes as shown below:

288s.jpg

And after a clean up with a wire brush and a lick of paint the calipers now look like this, along with some nice grippy EBC Red Stuff pads:

calipers-pads.jpg

I also ordered a full kit of Goodridge hoses to go with them which should of been delivered as well so just meed to check if they have or not.

Might as well make this post a formal Update so also on the way is a straight through Decat pipe which should be here soon (cheers Joe M). And the reason for the decat and the bigger brakes is i also have a supercharger on its way!!! FINALLY!! For those who didnt see me seal the deal i have bought CoxyLad's Rotrex charger off him which also included an oil cooler. Payment has been sent so just waiting for Ian to send it now (no rush though mate!) and then i just need to order the mounting bracket, pullies and belts etc which im getting from a company in Denmark called R-Tech. Then i just need Red Tops depending on the power im going to get from it (gone for an 80mm pulley so i should get some nice power from it!!) and get it all set up at Stealth.

Also on the list of things to get are some Eibach ARB's so it goes round corners a bit better :D

Im also on the look out for some new wheels as my Brocks just aren't practical :( i love how they look but the ride is very uncomfortable, they put a lot of strain on the drivetrain, they torque steer and pretty much go where they wanna go so if i go and put another 100bhp through them they are just going to be silly! Plus the fronts dont fit over the 288 brakes! So im looking for some sensible 7x16's, preferably BBS RX2's which came on the Golf Mk3 Anniversary. Sorry to disappoint but i guarantee no-one is as disappointed as me as i love the Brocks, but i want more Go than Show now! The car is still going to look sweet on the BBS's though :D

Its not going to be done in time for the Summer Scorcher but it should definately be done for Edition 38 :D