herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

It's about bloody time, Rob ;)

Tell me about it :cry:

I am a student though so i still wont be able to afford to run it even if i get it fixed :lol:

You're a student? :shock: :shock: :shock:

How did you pay for the blackberry?

I was working for a year on work placement whilst living at home ;) sold my old car, bought the vr then with all my wages for almost a year and a half i ran it, insured it, and spent money on renewing worn parts, upgrading other parts and finally the supercharger. I started back at my final year at uni in October and since then the car has been sat in my garage whilst i have gradually been rebuilding the engine and just generally dossing about being poor like most students :lol:

Bet you are looking forward to getting the car out again Rob, sounds like youve got it all under control..

Bet you are looking forward to getting the car out again Rob, sounds like youve got it all under control..

Yeah just a bit mate!! Missed driving it so much :( i still wont afford to be able to drive it often when its done but i will be able to use it now and then which will do, the main reason for getting it running is that we are moving soon so need to be able to get move it :lol:

How did you get on?

Soz forgot to update the thread! It went OK as Kev said, not great just OK lol, had few little niggly problems like some lost bolts (always happens :roll:) so had to pop out and get some and getting the gearbox back on was a PITA as expected.

The chains themselves were a piece of pizzle to do really, just the stripping down and mainly the gearbox thats the hard work, the chains part was just fiddly due to making sure all the timing is correct which it is now, had some queries about my intermediate pulley though which was 90 degrees out :shock: but me and Kev couldnt think for the life of us why it mattered as it just turns the oil pump, but Kev rang Vince who gave some really long winded geeky reason for it so we put it right anyway :lol:

I was left to put it all back together though due to time constraints but i was ok with it, got it done over this weekend gone so its all back together, yippee! But cant start her up yet though as my sodding supercharger traction oil decided to leak out whilst the charger was off the car (bloody £75 worth!!) so need to get some more of that and then i can run the charger and me and Kev just then need to set it up properly with the BEGI, MAF clamp and LC-1 wideband AFR controller.

Wont be long now :D

Been thinking about this Rob and I reckon CrazyDave's method of larger injectors and trimming the MAF signal with a 10K pot might be the best solution.

I have the same 360cc injectors he uses and a 10K pot you can get online for pence.

Yep....I've convinced myself.... that's how we'll do it 8)

You need to wire in that LC-1 (instructions online on their site) and get a second lambda boss welded into your cat or bypass, which ever you want to use.

I'm on holiday for 2 weeks in March 14th, so I'm aiming to come up before then.

Been thinking about this Rob and I reckon CrazyDave's method of larger injectors and trimming the MAF signal with a 10K pot might be the best solution.

I have the same 360cc injectors he uses and a 10K pot you can get online for pence.

Yep....I've convinced myself.... that's how we'll do it 8)

You need to wire in that LC-1 (instructions online on their site) and get a second lambda boss welded into your cat or bypass, which ever you want to use.

I'm on holiday for 2 weeks in March 14th, so I'm aiming to come up before then.

Ok then mate fair enough, its your ... hold on its my car isn't it :lol: nah its not as if i dont trust your decisions mate you do whatever is best!!

Before March 14th?? Blimey pressure's on then lol, need to get the bloody traction oil sorted as well!! ARGH!!

Rob did you loose all your traction oil? You can run Rotrexs very low to the point where there is hardly anything in the reservoir at all!

Really?? Thats handy to know as the level is right at the bottom of the reservoir. Im just a bit worried though as when i prime the charger with the pump in the oil line it feels as if its pumping some air through so got a feeling its just that tad bit too low!

SHE'S ALIVE!!! Put it all completely back together yesterday and today i filled her up with oil/water/fuel etc and double checked everything then fired her up for the first time since about October! Man it was a good feeling hearing her fire up :D The battery is fcuked so need a new one (most likely get a diesel one!) but once jump leads were connected up to my mates 350Z she started on the button.

Only issues is its still running like a bag of w*nk but thats because i have just connected it back up as it was before as waiting for Kev to come back and set the charger up properly so at the minute its still massively overfuelling at idle but thats not a problem. But once it got warmed up, i turned it off and started her up again and she's now developed quite a loud tapping noise which isn't as fast as the engine revolutions, more like 3-4 taps per second so im thinking maybe a tappet not getting oil to it?? Anyway it doesnt matter for now, i have tucked her back up again in the garage and will wait for the expert that is Kev to come and help!

But still grinning like a cheshire cat from it starting :D :D :D

grad your happy, its hard not to smile when it starts after a long time.

I would run the car in for a bit, should get rid of that tapping noise, good job 8)

Nice one dude 8) I knew you couldn't wait to fire her up :lol:

I'm fairly certain the tapping is a tappet. When it's on the road again, it should fill up with oil eventually. Don't forget it's sat for ages and bits of grit and stuff may have got in.

Here's what I'd do.

Take that piece of schitt storm fuel reg off and throw it in the nearest bin! Refit the stock 4 bar reg I gave you and put all the fuelling back to standard. Leave the front bumper off so that you can play with MAF positions with it idling etc and see what works best. I think the flexi hose you were using is far too long :)

Anyway, get it up to temp, drain the oil and coolant and refill. Then take it for a gentle run.

Then it should be ready for some setting up action.

I'm off Skiing for a fortnight on Friday (I know, it's a hard life :lol: ), but when I'm back, I'll sort a date with you..... if I haven't broken any legs or necks etc.

Cheers Kev! Yeah im thinking the tapping will sort itself out, just needs all bedding in again!

I will change it all back to standard fuelling and try to flog the storm reg, maybe even back to them as its w*nk!

As for my MAF, i originally had all the flexi but this time i have just put it straight off the elbow from the charger as didnt you say that mine is the latest MAF which doesn't need to be at a specific angle? If thats not the case then the schitt running may be partly down to that as well.

Anyway i shall perservere with it and wait for you to get back from your flashy holiday, alright for some :roll: :lol:

I think Skiiers like that will be few and far between :lol:

Rob, yeah I keep forgetting you have the later MAF, which isn't as fussy as the early one for positioning.

You need to keep the MAF tube short, but not too short as to get turbulence from the charger..... it'll take a bit of experimenting!

We'll get it sorted one way or another!

Well as the car is running i took it out the garage yesterday and treated it to a much needed clean/polish! I should have put a dust cover over it whilst it was sitting over the winter as it got covered in dust, the majority being from when my dad cut some blocks outside the garage which went all over my car. I washed it and this dust had bonded to the paint, it felt like sandpaper :( so i had to clay it then of course!

After claying though, in the sunlight i could see what working on a corrado can do to the paint, ie from brushing past, leaning against it etc, the paint was scratched abd swirled all over, i werent happy! So obviously the machine polisher had to come out :lol: I knew it wouldn't take much to sort out as they were only light scratches so i went over the whole car with a fine finishing polish with the machine and it took it all out and back to its former glory. Then finished it off with some Clearkote glaze and Victoria Concours wax 8)

Also have fitted my audi vdo gauges, well 2 of them (only the pressure is wired up though so far, not fussed about the temp as its on the MFA and will be replaced with a boost gauge soon anyway!) including my new LC-1 wideband gauge which reads the air/fuel ratio (the picture was taken with just the ignition on which is why its all the way round at 18!).

Anyway thought she looked so good i took some pics today, so enjoy and expect it back on the road very soon :wink:

thats looking a bit cleaner than when i last saw it mate :lol: see ya next saturday.

karl

thats looking a bit cleaner than when i last saw it mate :lol: see ya next saturday.

karl

Sure is! I couldnt stand it being dirty anymore :lol:

See you saturday :cheers:

You've been at the cleaning products again haven't you Rob! Looking rather good. Suppose we should get her running properly now then :)

You've been at the cleaning products again haven't you Rob! Looking rather good. Suppose we should get her running properly now then :)

Yes definately! I NEEEEED to drive it really soon! :lol:

you need to drive it down to Oxford...for...uh...something.

Yeah :D

you KNOW the A34 is an awesome car run-in road!