herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

It's been started!!!! Looking forward to seeing the car progress, you must remember to take lots of pics....if for anything the thread makes a good record of stuff you've done 8)

PS The lambda's are on there way!!

It's been started!!!! Looking forward to seeing the car progress, you must remember to take lots of pics....if for anything the thread makes a good record of stuff you've done 8)

PS The lambda's are on there way!!

Good man :cheers:

Yeah I will be taking lots of pics as I go along. These are just quick pics really, when I start doing the R32 work I will try and get as many detailed pics as I can to help document it for others to look at!

Good man! Get that nasty peice of 12V cack out of there already :D

Cancel the gardening, be a man and come help me then! :lol:

glad to see youv'e started Rob :) but dont forget Kevs got a new bitch that lives very close to him so you have kinda been dumped :lol:

and you dont need an engine hoist to get a vr6 out, just 2 pieces of strong rope and 2 strong mates will do it.

Good man! Get that nasty peice of 12V cack out of there already :D

did i really hear you of all people say that?!! :shock: :wink:

glad to see you're starting with progress Rob - looking forward to seeing another go through the motions :D

Cheers guys, I'm really excited about it now, I just wanna get on with it, but I have to work :( weekend though I will hitting it big time!

dont forget Kevs got a new bitch that lives very close to him so you have kinda been dumped :lol:

I could always bring him with me? He can get the teas and coffees in and pop down the shop for Chocolate RobNobs :lol: Still got that spare gimp suit he can borrow Rob? :D

dont forget Kevs got a new bitch that lives very close to him so you have kinda been dumped :lol:

I could always bring him with me? He can get the teas and coffees in and pop down the shop for Chocolate RobNobs :lol: Still got that spare gimp suit he can borrow Rob? :D

I'm sure I could dig it out :lol:

Flippin heck, ANOTHER 24v conversion! DO VW give you free beer if you get one of these engines? :lol:

Seriously though, good work Rob! No doubt you'll find it is everything and more that that charger wasn't. N/A power ftw!

Glad to see you've started on the long and winding but ultimately rewarding road!!

Oh and hire, beg, borrow or steal an engine crane - dont wanna feck your back up trying to remove it pikey fashion, plus your gonna need one to put the new lump in - which is pis$ easy so just do it all in a day!

Good luck! :salute:

Cheers Chris! Yeah I think I will hire one to put the R32 in, don't fancy lifting it in! I will see how removing the VR with a trolley jack goes first :lol:

you got till Edition Rob...

That's when Yeti is due to give birth to a 3.2/4-mo beastie...

Will easily be done by then mate! *touches wood*

*touches wood*

This is a family forum, Rob :nono:

:lol:

Might be the way to win Kev back though.... :lol:

*touches wood*

This is a family forum, Rob :nono:

:lol:

Might be the way to win Kev back though.... :lol:

:lol: I think you are on to something!

Going to be doing some more work this weekend. Been continuing to srip the bay a bit during the week, nothing worth documenting. Should get the engine out tomorrow, get the R32 prepped up to go in and will then spend some time cleaning the bay up and painting any rusty/rough bits.

Updates and pics to come :cheers:

Well me and Kev got the old 12v out on saturday, no crane necessary, just a trolley jack and some muscle :lol: Then we dropped off the mountain of wiring to Stealth for Vince to work through for me, ended up at Stealth for a few hours as they had John's turbo'd R32 Bora there which they expect 800bhp from!!! :shock: It was a freaking animal, sounded soooo good, was hoping to see it on the rollers but they didn't have it running properly which was a shame :(

Didn't get a hell of a lot done yesterday, I just cleaned the gearbox and few other bits, I was on my tod and couldn't move the 2 fcuking great engines out the garage to get the car out so didn't get to clean the bay :( So I just prepped the R32 to go in, putting the 4mo PAS bracket and tensioner on, the 12v PAS pump etc! Going to be putting the R32 in either one day this week (pending Kev's availability after his long list of things to do for the missus :lol:) or weekend, we WILL require a crane though, don't fancy lining mounts up etc whilst holding the weight of the engine :shock:

I didn't get pics, will get some later, you've seen it all before though, just a corrado with no engine in :lol:

Won't be long now!! :clap:

Well me and Kev got the old 12v out on saturday, no crane necessary, just a trolley jack and some muscle :lol: Then we dropped off the mountain of wiring to Stealth for Vince to work through for me, ended up at Stealth for a few hours as they had John's turbo'd R32 Bora there which they expect 800bhp from!!! :shock: It was a freaking animal, sounded soooo good, was hoping to see it on the rollers but they didn't have it running properly which was a shame :(

Didn't get a hell of a lot done yesterday, I just cleaned the gearbox and few other bits, I was on my tod and couldn't move the 2 fcuking great engines out the garage to get the car out so didn't get to clean the bay :( So I just prepped the R32 to go in, putting the 4mo PAS bracket and tensioner on, the 12v PAS pump etc! Going to be putting the R32 in either one day this week (pending Kev's availability after his long list of things to do for the missus :lol:) or weekend, we WILL require a crane though, don't fancy lining mounts up etc whilst holding the weight of the engine :shock:

I didn't get pics, will get some later, you've seen it all before though, just a corrado with no engine in :lol:

Won't be long now!! :clap:

hey there pal, hows things? good to hear things are moving along...

mate you'll probably find that the pas/alternator bracket has to come back off - it's pretty much impossible to getthe inlet manifold bolts in with the bracket on - you have to do all the stuff in order:

exhaust manifold/s first, then heatshield, then inlet, then bracket, then alternator etc - it's a PITA, but that's how it's got to happen really

(btw with the heatshield, it's a very good idea to keep it as it supports the inlet manifold. if you're using a dubpower manifold i can confirm it will fit over - you just have to bend it a tiny bit. the redundant coolant piping comes off pretty easy too iirc)

if you get stuck i have a crane you can borrow, but it will involve collecting it from the end of the M50 near ross-on-wye...

let's have some more pics! :D

hey there pal, hows things? good to hear things are moving along...

mate you'll probably find that the pas/alternator bracket has to come back off - it's pretty much impossible to getthe inlet manifold bolts in with the bracket on - you have to do all the stuff in order:

exhaust manifold/s first, then heatshield, then inlet, then bracket, then alternator etc - it's a PITA, but that's how it's got to happen really

(btw with the heatshield, it's a very good idea to keep it as it supports the inlet manifold. if you're using a dubpower manifold i can confirm it will fit over - you just have to bend it a tiny bit. the redundant coolant piping comes off pretty easy too iirc)

if you get stuck i have a crane you can borrow, but it will involve collecting it from the end of the M50 near ross-on-wye...

let's have some more pics! :D

I just sent you a PM about the alternator actually mate, doesn't seem to be fitting quite right :scratch:

I wasn't aware of having to put it all on it that order, not a big problem though, I'll figure it out! I realised it's probs best to keep the hea shield as it's got brackets on to hold soe of the loom etc so I'll put it on, I want it to look quite OE anyway. It will be coming off eventually though when I whack a turbo on it :lol:

Thanks for the offer for the crane, if I get stuck I may take you up on it. I will just look in to renting one for the day, will only need for about 20 mins to get the engine in!