Sign in to follow this  
martinb

Introduction

Right i have just signed up to the forum so thought i would say hello!

My names is Martin (user names a bit of a giveaway), im 27 and from sunny essex and im making this sound a bit like blind date so moving on....

Ive been into VW's for years and last night i sold :cry: my mk2 golf gti 8v turbo that i have owned for the last 2 1/2 years but went straight out and replaced it with an absolutly mint nugget yellow 1.8 16v corrado which i am chuffed to bits with 8) .

Its a 1991 1.8 16v, totally standard (for now :wink: ) with FSH and is in stunning condition as the prevoius mature owner had owned and garaged it for the last 12years and i managed to pick it up for what i thought was a bargain £1450.

Also if anyone is interested i work for HIC insurance (08451 290 290) so if anyone needs a quote (i have already checked with the boss and can give a discount for forum members 8) ) or any insurance help then feel free to ask away and i will help if i can!! (and no im not on commision so the offer is not their for my personal gain :) )

Anyways im gonna stop ramblin and start exploring the rest of the forum!

I think you will be very popular offering discounted ins as i know a few of us younger members are paying stupid money!!

Welcome aboard btw.

How many miles has your C done? and get some pics up!

cheers!

Its done 172K :oops: but you really would not know from the condition of the car!

Will get some pics up as soon as sony send back my digi camera which they are currently supposed to be fixing!

Yeah will always try my best on the quotes, can usually get good deals for corrado's! 8)

Martin

Nick, martinb's only offering the discount forum members already get with HIC. It's been in place for about a year, but it's only recently I added the advert to make it more obvious.

Regardless, welcome aboard Martin.

Guess this forum is under the watch for HIC customers who might not be declaring mods too, eh? ;)

Forum members also get a discount with Brentacre Insurance too (who also read the forum - but don't post).

Welcome aboard!

Must give you guys a call when its renewal time.. think i'm paying far too much for a Corrado 16v in a decent area!

Cheers for the welcome everyone. :)

Nah i only work on the new sales/underwriting department so any existing customers who have been silly enough not to declare mods (especially when it often does not effect the premium) then thats up to them! I think i would soon become the most unpopular forum member for that! Obviously if people getting a quote from me on a recorded call non disclose thats a different matter...... :twisted:

I come on the forum as a newbie corrado owner not to push HIC but my insurance knowledge will probably mean that i am more likely to post in insurance related topics as i know more about this than technical stuff on the car etc at the moment. :oops: (but if HIC sell a few more policies as a result then thats an added bonus cos then my boss does not moan at me for spending half my day logged onto forums! 8) )

If anyone wants quotes or insurance help then i will be happy to try and help you so feel free to PM me, I dont work on commision but would just rather spend the day talking to fellow dubbers than a 17yr old having wet dreams about a Skyline then deciding to call for a quote just incase he wins the lottery! :lol:

This is the only picture i have of my car at the moment that one of my workmates took @E38:

rado1.jpg

Martin

HI martin, i too am from essex, not been here that long either.

Did you buy it from a place called Debden by any chance?

i'm in Thaxted, so very near.

i saw the car for sale about 2days after i bought mine, looked v.tidy.

suggested a mate get it, but it had already been sold by the time he went to look

Its a great colour

Nice one, im in Saffron Walden so just up the road.

Yeah i love the colour, i had never even considered getting a yellow one but when i saw it advertised and it was just up the road thought i may as well have a look because everything else sounded good (FSH, family owned 12yrs, good price) and as soon as i got there i loved it. To think i almost didnt view it cos of the colour......

8)

i was speaking to another lad just after i got mine and i told him about that yellow one, he said his mate had bought it already.....lol

its a small world

got any plans for the corrado?

i was speaking to another lad just after i got mine and i told him about that yellow one, he said his mate had bought it already.....lol

its a small world

got any plans for the corrado?

lol yeah small world, who was that then?

one of my work mates bought a nice atlas grey mk2 16v from thaxted a couple of months ago, you might know that car too then?

No definate plans yet, cant make my mind up! Prob start off lowering it and some german plates, after that will have to wait and see......

:)

i didn't catch his name, was with a mates bro from Thaxted called Duncan (had a golf VR until last week), young 20's.

can't picture a grey mk2 that i remember, surprising as Thaxted is tiny.............lol

Heh heh, now this is spooky... I used to live in Saffron Walden!

I'm actually going to be about this weekend, so we could have a Sunday lunchtime meetup somewhere...

Heh heh, now this is spooky... I used to live in Saffron Walden!

I'm actually going to be about this weekend, so we could have a Sunday lunchtime meetup somewhere...

Quality!! Anyone else in the area?? :lol:

Cool, well Thaxted is fairly central to both Debden and Walden and the drive out there from Walden is fun too :D

There's a car park round the back somewhere we could meet up?

where do you live dinkus?

i'd rather meet somewhere out of Thaxted, somewhere scenic would be good :)

get some photos etc

Newbury :lol:

But parentals still live in Saffron Walden, so will be there for most of the weekend.

I'm trying to think of somewhere that's picturesque and has parking for 3 or 4 cars. I guess a pub somewhere would be useful, so any suggestions are welcome.

You have PM with my mobly number :)

nice one, got your PM.

Whats your name, that face in avatar looks familar, your the same age as me too.

Not sure what i'm up to this weekend yet, if i'm about i'll give you a ring, see where you are

hope the weather brightens up a bit