Sign in to follow this  
The Fish

Seat Compatibility

Hi All,

I'm wondering what seats from other vehicles (most likely VW) will fit into my Corrado ('92 VR6). They need to be leather. Reason I ask is that I obtained the rears and all doorcards in black leather, but the front seats were damaged beyond repair. Finding a pair of front leather seats is proving next to impossible. I'd even consider something like new Recaro, but guess they'll be an arm and a leg!

Thanks! LT

I'd imagine whatever you put in you're going to have to make up some subframes mate.

I think even if you want new recaros you'll need some old recaros to nick the subframes from? Probably wrong though.

Audi TT leather look good but require some chopping and adapting of frames afaik

Theres a Wiki guide on putting Audi TT seats into the rado..... Have a look, Doesn't seem that difficult really... :)

Yeah doesn't look too bad eh?

Are the TT seats much bigger than the rado ones? Is there even less room in the back with them in?

Yeah doesn't look too bad eh?

Are the TT seats much bigger than the rado ones? Is there even less room in the back with them in?

I ain't actually sat in one with TT seat in..... Although I see what your saying... Its dyer in the back as it is... :roll:

Well seeing as im the guy thats done it i guess im best qualified to talk about them!!!LOL

The seats dont need cutting or anything to mount them in you only need to use the mounting subframes ive designed!!

They sit in exactly the same place as the rado ones with full forward and back adjustment so you can have as much or as little rear legroom as you want! im six foot and never had any rear leg room behind my seat anyway

the height which is the usual issue with other seats is fine as you still get the height adjustment with the frames ive built up i have plenty of head room.....

the frames cost very little to have built up(less than £100) and the TT seats usually sell around £250-£350 thats including rears so it makes it a very cheap option...

check out my gallery http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36553

for more pics...

hope this helps

Hi All,

I'm wondering what seats from other vehicles (most likely VW) will fit into my Corrado ('92 VR6). They need to be leather. Reason I ask is that I obtained the rears and all doorcards in black leather, but the front seats were damaged beyond repair. Finding a pair of front leather seats is proving next to impossible. I'd even consider something like new Recaro, but guess they'll be an arm and a leg!

Thanks! LT

Why not get you original seats re-trimmed in black leather, which could be a cheaper option. Or Porka seats, normally aren't too expensive, and often fully electric. As with the TT seats you would need subframes, but there are quite a few people who have fitted Porka seats, whop might share the knowledge....

Well seeing as im the guy thats done it i guess im best qualified to talk about them!!!LOL

The seats dont need cutting or anything to mount them in you only need to use the mounting subframes ive designed!!

They sit in exactly the same place as the rado ones with full forward and back adjustment so you can have as much or as little rear legroom as you want! im six foot and never had any rear leg room behind my seat anyway

the height which is the usual issue with other seats is fine as you still get the height adjustment with the frames ive built up i have plenty of head room.....

the frames cost very little to have built up(less than £100) and the TT seats usually sell around £250-£350 thats including rears so it makes it a very cheap option...

check out my gallery http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36553

for more pics...

hope this helps

But are the seats any bigger mate. I can get my kids in the back at the moment but I'd struggle if the seats were any bigger front to back if you see what I mean?

I don't think they are Will.

The TT seats sits a tad higher in a Rado than normal rado seats, but nothing too noticable. They're comfy seats too.

Unfortunately I have now sold all my limbs, my liver, kidneys and big toes mate. Nothing left to fund any more toys with :)

They do look lovely though. One day......

double-6s i see what you mean the seat base of the TT seat is either the same or slightly shorter than the standard rado ones...

They are the cheapest option going (unless you are good with a needle and thread!) i looked into getting a seat refurb in leather and it was alot more than the cost of TT seats and frames... keep an eye out on egay they often go for next to nothing!!