Sign in to follow this  
.A.N.T.

Quick legal question -

Got a fixed penalty notice at the weekend for parking on a country lane without sidelights on (kicking myself I didn't leave one on)

Didn't know it was an offence to park without your lights on?

Is it??

Surely if you're battery's almost flat you can't and it's what reflectors are for? (although I was parked facing the opposite way on the road - this I think is naughty, but it's not what the ticket was for...)

I was also parked well onto the verge. only the width of a tyre was on the road itself.

I know the police were being overly harsh as they were quite p*ssed off as I was at a rave that they couldn't really shut down.

it'd jsut be nice to have £30 instead of PC plod...

Can get photos up tomorrow if need be...

thats terrible what is the world coming too!? a rave they couldnt shut down?? country is in the gutter.

oh well at least you can afford the fine after missing out on those doors! :lol:

Appeal against it.... Tell them your car had broken down and you had to walk to find someone to recover it....

That'll get you off......;)

that's if you get there first...

*I would appeal, but it's up in Cambridge and the 180 mile round trip to get it seen in a court doesn't really seem worth it tbh. It's just the point of it really...

Although, it is up towards Peterborough, so I could fit it in with picking up the doors...

Highway Code

Parking at night

222: You MUST NOT park on a road at night facing against the direction of the traffic flow unless in a recognised parking space.

Laws CUR reg 101 & RVLR reg 24

223: All vehicles MUST display parking lights when parked on a road or a lay-by on a road with a speed limit greater than 30 mph.

Law RVLR reg 24

If you appeal then it will go to an independent advisor before court, and these guys usually sort out the argument, they did with my parking ticket.

Don't let them just win. I hate the police being so petty, they are obviously d*cks.