Sign in to follow this  
mtc R32

Up-rated Headlight Looms

Take it these are not being made any more????

You need to look at the group buy section and look for Kur2y for his.

I like how you've put it on a bracket behind the battery. My laying behind the passenger headlight at the mo and it kept getting water in it. In the end i had to wrap it in a small plastic bag with some electrical tape to protect it :lol:

I like how you've put it on a bracket behind the battery. My laying behind the passenger headlight at the mo and it kept getting water in it. In the end i had to wrap it in a small plastic bag with some electrical tape to protect it :lol:

thanks i put it they to keep it dry i put the alarm horn behind the wing to

i made my own get the parts from vehicle wiring products

http://www.vehicleproducts.co.uk

good shop

Thats Pretty cool! Can you give me a list of what you bought......I will have a go methinks!!![/quote:295f2l0u]

well do :D

fist look at http://www.matey-matey.com/uprated_head ... ring.shtml

you have to disable the dim dip yellow wires to a coil behind the battery

wood reconend a crimping tool

relay socket RSI × 2

4 blade relay R30A ×2

fuse holder FH430 ×2

termincls

R06 dc rings ×4

3 2050 ×4

CABLE

REF25

bown -

red +

yellow/white DB

white/black MB

i used some heat shrink sleeving & some rayon cloth tape very good

tapeclimatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfPhoto0020.jpg[/attachment:109qbka3]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfPhoto0019.jpg[/attachment:109qbka3]

i got an uprated loom the other week, not fitted it yet, but not keen on the fact the wires just plug into the old socket and bridge the connection.

is there a way to use the original connectors on the headlights?

i got an uprated loom the other week, not fitted it yet, but not keen on the fact the wires just plug into the old socket and bridge the connection.

can you post a picture

i used the original headlight connectors & new termincls from VWP REF 3 2050

the yellow/white & white/black is new loom

They do not come out though, i was unsure at 1st but its fine.

The only other way is to cut and crimp for a permanent connection or get some OEM connectors but you will still have to do some wire crimping with a couple of spare wires or just push them in.

The benefit the way it is now you can always in worst case scenario just plug the original set up back to factory spec.

That Diagram only shows 1 relay...I take it one if for mains and the other for the spots???

That Diagram only shows 1 relay...I take it one if for mains and the other for the spots???

1 is for low beam & 1 is for high beam spots cum on where high beam

Right! Need more light shedding on this area!

I've recently bought an un-used loom and done a bit of re-search as to best way to connect etc and quite a few issues come to light.

The best loom I've seen is Kur2y's [regardless of whether OEM connector or spade connectors provided] because:

a] it can be fitted without cutting into the existing loom thus enabling perfect reversibility to OEM condition

b] it provides for proper connections for sidelights too, and these remain directly powered from OEM loom

c] MOST IMPORTANTLY - it provides full and direct heavy gauge battery +ve round to battery -ve circuitry for both pairs of head & dip bulbs which is THE prime purpose of the uprated loom! The OEM loom circuitry is used solely for relay switching.

NB I have no commercial arrangement with Kur2y, neither am I a relative of his!!! [no offence intended Kur2y!]

The loom I bought AND the circuit diagram above on p6 are both designed to supply, via heavy gauge wire, directly from the battery, BUT use the OEM loom to provide the earth return to battery, thus obviating half the objective of a complete, heavier gauge, relay switched power circuit to the head & dip bulbs. Other circuits I've seen on the CF have also shown this not so thorough or effective solution, and most of the ebay looms I've seen do this.

I'll be modifying my loom to include heavy gauge earth returns to battery from each of the headlamp unit sockets.

Also connections will be made in a way which avoids cutting into the OEM loom.

I suspect many of the complaints of ineffective "uprated" looms which appear in CF are the result of the above incomplete solution.

If you must buy a cheap loom without the full earth return circuit, do add the earth wire to battery - it will make the difference between night & day to your driving lights [well almost!]

Re whether to go for a 2 or 3 relay loom, IMHO the 2 relay loom is quite OK. The "3 relay guys" say having a relay per side for the dips enables you to get home if a relay fails. And I say yes, but not legally! Better to spend the 3rd relay money on a loose spare relay to keep in your mobile tool kit. You will need it anyway, in the event of a failure.

yes most helpful...

where can you buy the OE plugs from on there own??

where can you buy most things rare and corrado?????

ARZ tuning. :wave:

ive had no problems with my headlight loom i get 13.3 v ( engine runing ) at the bulbs

the difference between before & after is very good

think i will add the eath returns to the battery :salute:

ive had no problems with my headlight loom i get 13.3 v ( engine runing ) at the bulbs

the difference between before & after is very good

think i will add the eath returns to the battery :salute:

Yes if you added the earth wire I reckon that would show some improvement.

As a matter of interest what voltage do you see after the bulbs, ie on the earth side?

Would be interesting to compare that with same reading after adding the earth wire. :)