Sign in to follow this  
CharlieHorse

New standard front shocks and springs

I'm looking into this also at the mo. Some say a bit sad and you need to go aftermarket but if you like the standard wheels and ride height what the heck!

I've heard that VW now source their shocks from a different manufacturer - no longer sachs and boge or what ever. I think the springs are fine to get from VW though and they won't be too pricey.

German Swedish do the shocks - better than original from what i have heard and there good on price.

Everyone slates the originals saying they're overdamped etc but this is on suspension thats 10 years old.

If anyone knows different please feel free as i'm just about to take the plunge on new standard supsension with eibach ARB's. Nice

Watch out for changing standard springs, if yours are original you will notice quite a difference in height with new ones. It’s quite amazing how much 10 years worth of use causes them to sag.

I remember when I had mine changed it went from ok to off roader, wasn’t too please. 2-3000 mile later they cam off and have moved on to Koni's.