Sign in to follow this  
djmac56

M3 style rear lights - FK or Inpro

I'd like to fit some clear / red rear lights to my white Corrado and I'm not sure which are best.

What do you all think?

Which will be easier to fit (I'd prefer to just pull out the old ones and plug in new ones, so the ones closest to standard will be easier for me as I'm crap at most jobs in my car!

Cheers,

Mark

AFAIK the FK ones are better than the In-Pro's but I'm sure someone will say it's the otherway round... the fit on either can be a bit hit and miss with some lining up properly and others just not sitting straight no matter what you try!

I think the FK ones are sealed better and the chrome lasts better than In-Pro (from what I've read on these pages)

As far as installation goes they are supplied with differen tbulb holders to what the stock lights use but you don't have to use them - the original bulb holders will push in to the light units just fine and you can either dremmle the housing to get them to clip in or go for the lazy option (like me) and tape them in...

Hope that helps :D

djmac56, I've had a look and mine are the In-Pros, I didn't have any probs with line up but as my C's not garaged I do get a dirt/algae build up under the edge of the lenses. This does wash out but ideally a bead of clear silicone would sort it - it's on the list!!! Oh and my In-Pros came with silver indicator bulbs already fitted, which was nice!

Colin.

My Inpros don't leak and they line up ok. As Colinstubbs says, put some silicone in the gaps and you won't get any water coming in. The Inpros have a proper Euro kitemark on them which the FKs don't and the Inpros come with bulbs already fitted. I'm happy with mine. At the end of the day its personal preference, they both look a bit different. I've heard of problems with both types so think it comes down to luck more than make.

Cheers guys, I think I'll get myself down the shop and see which I prefer the look of. It looks like there are merits in both of them.

If only Hella made them....