Sign in to follow this  
cmoth

VR6 behaving very strangely?

Murray himself didnt seem to know? - He was as surprised as we were? - Im sure he will get to the bottom of it for his own peace of mind, he ws obviously not due to work.

Car is running better than it was, no more scooby mode thank god, so coilpack cured that. I am still not happy with the overall performance as it seems to be a bit lethargic. I disconnected the MAF tonight then started car and it died immediately, so I guess that means thats ok. I seem to recall reading about fuel pump relay that can go on these, what are the symptoms of this if anyone has had theirs replaced? - Other than this, any other ideas, although my car seems very susceptical to the climate conditions?

Col

Is it VAG-COM clean now? VR engine lethargy can be MAF (despite the test you did above), or the cam position sensor. Often you have to take the car for a drive and THEN scan the codes before you turn the engine off to get a realistic reading.

it is VAG COM clean now. I will try a friends MAF and see whether that cures the lethargyness. thanks for your suggestion.

Col

tRied alternative MAF, did not run any better althouh tickover may have been a bit smoother.

What does that leave then, CPS, fuel relay...

lol at roger... i here alot of people talking bout vag com on here saying its cheap and easy and the best way to diagnose a fault. Does anyone have vagcom available at track days or shows or is it something that you would have to look at buying yourself?? i live in rural scotland and would love to put my c on vagcom to see if anything was un-toward but would hate to giv it to VW stealers at £45 per hour. I care about my c but as always money seems to be the issue

See, VAG-COM is free for code reading. All you need is a laptop and the right cable. And since this is an internet forum you can bet that a large percentage of people have laptops ... which leaves the cable. Which can be found for about £30 on ebay...

Cam sensor faults needs to be read before turning the engine off when the fault occurs.

My car had this problem, and it felt down on power, erratic idle etc. It's fine with a new cam sensor.