Sign in to follow this  
Banana Man

BANANA MANS (pics added 10/4/'05)

Andy new lump with nice garret T3 turbo.all on fresh rebuilt got reciepts for over £2.5k spent in the last 3 months ( sounds a little like me LOL )

So here we are the new engine is nearly in just another couple of bolts to do now the batt in the camera ran out so this was a bit earlier but you get the jist.

The blue is definately going it's disgusting just wanted to get the engine in first and get it running before the cosmetics of it will change :)

Mr Banana man,

I like what you have done with you car it looks nice mate.

Can I make a suggestion though (and I am not calling your car shyte or anything - us yellow owners need solidarity :) )

i think the car would look a lot better with slightly darker wheels on it, I think yellow cars need slightly darker wheels that the usual silver.

I duno why it is, I think yellow motors are loud enough not to need bright shiny alloys, of course this is just my opinion.

What do you think?

:D

I will post a pic of mine with my darker wheels on......when Phat gets round to sorting me some spacers out :wink:

The new alloys turned up today mate the ones on it wont be staying on it for much longer! But I hate black or anthracite alloys so they aren't going to be dark I like to be able to see the alloys. Black or anthracite makes it look like it's got steelies when it's moving just my opinion :)

aye I know what you mean, I am not a lover of black either, thats why I said 'darker'

A dark grey would be nice, just something a little understated.

aye I know what you mean, I am not a lover of black either, thats why I said 'darker'

A dark grey would be nice, just something a little understated.

YES i have been telling him this for ages... dark rims on yellow look sooo good imho.

Hasty job but.. sommat like this? :)

(Borrowed LicklePaulie's wheels!)

Hasty job but.. sommat like this? :)

(Borrowed LicklePaulie's wheels!)

omg how good does that look...

ant do it get them rims my firend

Makes the Corrado rear look even MORE like a DeLorean now when I look at it thanks to the spokey wheels..

I'll try shop it from some more angles tonight :)

Got to admit those wheels do lok good on the old girl but as I said I already have the new wheels in my posession!!! And now I have more concerning issues on my hands!! The bloody turbo fouls on the clutch master cylinder so much so the rear engine mount doesn't line up. I ve made a few phone calls and it appears that you have to weld in a plate and mount a mk3 golf master cyl inside DOH and double DOH just my effing luck and the bloke I ve bought the kit off went on holiday yesterday so cant ask him how he fitted it DOH so now i'm in the real proverbial stuff :(

unlucky mate,

hmmm I may have the mastercylinder parts to help you out there banana dude.

I will have a look tonight and get back to you.

Ah apparently it's either a passat master cylinder I need or a golf mk3 one but I have been told that they aren't an easy swap lots of mucking around and welding required do you know if theis is right??

YES i have been telling him this for ages... dark rims on yellow look sooo good imho.

Never a truer word spoken..... the Anthracite 18s look superb on my mate's Yellow Cupra R.

yeah proper gangsta style I think the car now says LOOK AT ME doesn't it hope I dont draw to much attention to myself in it although that is going to be quite difficult me thinks LOL