Sign in to follow this  
blue95

Poor Mans Scuttle Cover

Gutted I did not got to E38, I therefore had too much time on my hands this weekend gone.

As it was raining saturday, I was indoors. I was playing arround with the scuttle cover, be honest guys what do you think? it certainly covers alot more stuff than the old one: and it cost me nowt!

Is that a mk2 Golf one?

Looks much better 8)

bingo.......mmmmm wonder what other bits will fit ! LOL :lol:

some bits are not right, just need to cut and stick though

I also used the rubber strip that goes on top of the golf bulkhead. This holds down the top of the cover to the corrados windscreen plastic bit. There was no need to remove the plastic bits under the wipers.

I also trimmed the edges of the rubber strip to clear the bonnet hinges, see pic 4 for close up.

Should hopefully keep all the crap out!

Any chance blue95 or ving60 you could get/give dimensions and sizes as I think I might be able to source some matierals for scuttle a little bit different - I will post pics when done if I do :wink:

looks very good, and nothing like Blue Peter'ing one together yourself :)

nice one mate, looks good 8)

Cheers guys, not a bad fit. Mine was the flimsy version, so I I used some extra strong corded multi purpose tape on the underneath, juust to make it more rigid as well.

Any chance blue95 or ving60 you could get/give dimensions and sizes as I think I might be able to source some matierals for scuttle a little bit different - I will post pics when done if I do :wink:

The scuttle was just off an old mk2 golf, just noticed the group buy off the full length scuttle has gone ahead as well.

As for dimensions would be hard to measure as there are a few curves on the top of the scuttle and underneath it, the mk2 is a very good fit.