Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Funny Ford GT500 Advert...

anyone go to see one of those? i went to trade my 2003 supercharged cobra in on one and i wasn't impressed they were talked up too much... stock for stock the GT500 is only .1 of a second faster in the 1/4 mile, and the 2003 and 2004 cobras like mine are 1000lbs lighter!!!!!! needless to say i kept my cobra... i put more to the wheels than they make at the crank anyways haha

one day i was on the highway with the windows up and music blaring and one flew by me two lanes away and still heard that cool sound

the GT500 is basically the same as the 03/04 Cobras... the GT500 is a 5.4L with Ford GT aluminum heads and a roots eaton supercharger... the 03/04's are 4.6L with engine specific aluminum heads and a roots eaton charger... my cobra runs at 9psi stock, i currently are running at 15psi, 4" cold air intake, 95mm mass air flow sensor housing, accufab throttle body, and ported and polished intake plenum and when i get on my car all you hear is the charger until i am infront of you and you hear the exhaust which is mufflerless essentially (just cats and resonators that are completely empty, no baffles, no fiberglass, nothing...) friend of mine in his straight pipe turbo back GTI said over his exhaust and his radio all he heard was my supercharger...

You just don't get mustangs over here.. I think i've only ever seen about 3 over here ever and for some reason they were all on Saudi (or similar) type license plates!

a few days before Goodwood revival i saw a green fastback mustang, like steve mcqueens in the film, driving around my town...very nice!! and i guy on my postround has a 53plate mustang and that sounds really nice!!

haha i wouldn't say my Cobra's huge... but i would say it's rather lengthy i gues... as compared to a MK4 4 door golf it's a good 4 feet longer HAHA but i guess it slipped my mind you guys wouldn't get many mustangs there... Mustangs here are a dime a dozen obviously... which is why i was soo reluctant to buy one... but it had to be the one i got or not at all... if you are curious to know a Mustang GT all the way till 2004 in stock or mildly tuned are a joke... i used to beat up on Mustang GT's with my 2001 GTI VR6 that had an AEM cold air intake, Bosal exhaust(got it cheap... not my choice exhaust), GIAC chip, ACT 6 puck clutch, and ACT lightweight flywheel... that cars gone now :( had to sell when i found out it was leaking oil (not oil pan gacket... looked like from head gasket? although i've ever seen that before) and burning oil through the exhaust... i found this 4 months after i bought it so that day it had to go, i went and traded it in on a TT quattro... i miss the GTI... mainly because the girl took the TT on me and i am left with her 00 Golf GLS 4 dr 2.0... but if you come across one... remember fords are harder to beat from a rolling start...