Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

quick audi question (sorry!)

Hope some one can shed some light i have an a6 2.5tdi (5 cylinder model) yesterday i clipped a kerb at about 5-6 mph real slow basically! since that point i have had no boost car runs fine although seems much louder than previously (hard to explain but it sounds the same ie. same rhythm but louder) is there a lead that mayhave popped off the wastgate or similar? i cant see anything but if you dont know what your looking for the bay is a bit of a nightmare!! any help much apreciated guys cheers for your time!

well i checked to see if the maf made any difference whether it was plugged in or not and it doesnt so is that a good enough test to proove its knackered?

Sounds like it's gone into failsafe - no boost.

Doubt it's the MAF, but without scanning the ECU you're not going to find it by trial and error.

well i checked to see if the maf made any difference whether it was plugged in or not and it doesnt so is that a good enough test to proove its knackered?

no , if it was knackered the car will be faster with it unpluged

it sounds like you have knocked a boost pipe off, check all the pipes from the turbo to the inlet manafold

All the turbo engines go failsafe when any key component is offline, which means zero boost.

I watched Vince rolling road a Leon Cupra R and produce a stunning 105 bhp .. until he realised there was a sensor disconnected. Reconnect it and it produced a genuinely stunning 275 bhp ..

yeah its been suggested by most people that a boost pipe has been knocked off. ive checked and cant see anything ill have to jack it up and have a good look in the light.

Bill - the other thing that may have happened is one of the VAC pipes falling off the N74 valve (BCV) - maybe 2 of these usually bolted to the engine side of the scuttle...