Sign in to follow this  
lil_G

Hi im new & need help!

Hi. .

My boyf has just bought a Subaru sti & has left me in total control of my beloved G60 Corrado. BUT. . he's trying to make me break it because it is in a state. But i just cant do it! I put it in for an mot to see what exactly is wrong. . .lights need sorting, needs new exhaust (have ordered a miltec exhaust as ive heard they are best?) cv joint needs sorting, windscreen wipers only work when they want to, cant get in drivers door (bought a handle repair kit, hopefully thatll sort it) & tyres are in bad way as wheels too big & car too low. Oh and it leaks! Soo do i stick at it too try & prove him wrong? Any suggestions to any of these problems? (especially tyres) Thanks x

If the wipers work only sometimes that could be the motor about to give up. If it is I have a spare one you could have for peanuts.

Whats wrong with the lights?

Windscren wipers go at same time as blowers for in car! Would this still be the motor?

Nope. I'm guessing a short-circuit or fuse problems.

Photos need to be .jpg's and not too big.

Lights are always pretty poo on Corrados, you can help it by taking off the lenses and polishing the inside of the lenses, or if you can get hold of replacement ones (not sure if still available) they are about £20 each. On top of that get a GOOD headlight wiring loom upgrade. There are a few on here that sell them (about £50)and they make the world of difference.

If the wipers are going at the same time as the blowers, i presume you mean if you switch the heater on the wipers work, then you have awiring fault somewhere I would have thought.

As for the CV - what do you mean it needs sorting, does it need a new boot or a whole new CV Joint??? Boot is not a major job if you use a split one but you might as well get a decent garage (if you can't do it yourself?) and replace the whole unit, they are not massively expensive and not to major a job.

I personally would like to say stick with it as I love G60's. But that really depends on the overall condition of the car and how much you enjoy the Corrado experiance as to whether it is worth it. They can be quite adrain on bank balances!!!

Lights are really dim & cant see in dark!

That comes as standard. Don't worry about it 8)

:lol:

Have a hunt round for an uprated loom and some new bulbs.

doesnt seem to bad a list, just shame its all come along at once..

having just fitted a gwerks exhaust, and heard bad things about the miltek systems, i would recommend the gwerks one if its not too late.

I agree with brisolbaron.

Doesnt sound like anything too scary, just seems that way coz its all come at once.

Once you've repaired it, i reckon you'll have something more valuable than you would have if you broke it.

Definately gonna keep it, have more confidence now hearing that its only minor probs really. . been driving subaru to work which is great but i just love my corrado! What bad things have you heard about Miltec exhausts? gutted if i change my mind. . paid deposit!

Going to look for an upgraded loom as suggested now. thanks.

Figured my wipers must due to fuses . . a little tap under steering wheel & hey presto! fans the same but windscreen ones i dont think have ever worked properly & winters creeping up!

took car to garage to sort out cv joint & maybe ask them to fix EVERYTHING. . yep a typical girl who hasnt got a clue!

Cheers everyone :)

Oh. . i have 17" wheels. . they rub. What size or type of tyres do i need. . .or do i just higher the car? One garage took one look & said noway am i putting it through mot. . too low.

Am going to take more pics tonight, seems like it wont let me use any pics from my phone. Thanks for all the advice guys!

Hello,

Fairly new to Corrado ownership and had the same worries after having it serviced, but I have come to realise that its all part of the experience. :D

Because when its on song and you find a clear bit of road then the niggling faults and garage bills dissapear and get replaced by a huge grin.

Can recomend the up-rated wiring loom from VAGingit on the Suppliers bit. Took about half-an-hour to fit and make sure all the wires were out of the way. Was doubtfull about the benefits of a few bits of wire, but the transformation was amazing, even when fitted in the day-time I could actually see my headlights on!

How do you put up with the turbo lag after a supercharger?

Ps. Sorry, realise that sounds like the worst chat up line ever :oops:

Hi, nice one Jay2, so i get it from VAGinit! never read stuff properly. . blue_joe mentioned to get a GOOD one but wouldnt know a good bit of wire from a not so good bit of wire :? how much are they? I know what you mean bout that huge grin. Well in regards to the turbo lag in comparison to the supercharger . . . Dont notice any lag its a subaru sti version 4 had so much done to it (340 or so bhp!) its out of this world only thing that slows it down is changing gear. i love g60 more cos in Corrado i feel like im flying but in scooby feel like im just stuck to the road & dont realise the speed you are going! think you are doing 70 & you are upto 100 or more - a real license loser.

Desperately need to make my G60 faster (any ideas?) Put a stage 5 supercharger in it & had a smaller pulley (68mm i think) fitted which i was told would make it faster & also got boost return fitted. I have 2 belts & pulleys yet to be fitted. (not too sure what they do! ha!) Dont know enough about cars to know what to do. But of course firstly i need to sort the huge list of problems out so i can actually get it back on the road! lol! But after all the advice ive had, wont be long. .cant wait. just need to sort out my tyre situation.

Going to take pics when i get it back from garage, tried tonight but theyve parked it between 2 other cars & i cant get a decent enough pic.

Have a look in the Group Buy forum for more info - there was a recent group-buy from Vagingit (he's the geezer who makes 'em! Also sells on ebay). I got one and they're well made and have the proper VAG connectors so they're an easy fit. Make sure you waterproof the relays and fuse holder though - I used balloons, after one of my relays filled up with rust and stopped working.

The wiring looms from VAGingit are, or were last time I looked, £45, which includes postage.

Yep, thorughly agree, the quality is top notch with proper connectors.

After upping the bhp on the G60 at some point too. But also got a list of minor faults to sort first, which is sensible but really boring. :(

The G60 tuning bit on the Wikki is really usefull and gives you a step-by-step guide on upping your bhp, without blowing the engine.

That's not a major list of things to do by any reconning... Sounds like a usual weekends work on mine...

What's up with the tyres? how wide are the rims and what profile tyres are you running on them?

Have a look on the clubgti.com message board for blowers/windscreen wipers as I'm sure I've heard of this before. Loads of stuff is the same between mk2 GTis and C's.

CV joint is a pain, I'm doing it at the moment, but it's not the end of the world, fiddly rather than technically hard...

check the offsets on the alloys if it aint that it could be a few other nasty things like your cambers out, bottom ball joints just given way, etc etc sure the boyz will show you the way