Sign in to follow this  
nigwell

Strange Noise

Hi

The last few days ive started to notice a "Ticking" sound coming from the front of my C when i move off? as you build up speed the ticking gets faster? and as you slow it does the same, it still makes the sound if you dip the clutch and just freewheel? anybody had the same problem or have any ideas whats causing this noise? :?

Cheers

Nigwell

Is it from the engine? If so, It sounds like the tappets are worn or not enough oil is getting to the top end.

If its not from the engine, it maybe something catching or rubbing on the tyre/wheel/disc area.

Does it improve depending on how warm the car gets / does it go away after a while, or does it just stay the same?

I agree withjong60 sounds to me like tappets open up the bonnet with the engine running and if the ticking is coming from the engine then it'll be the tappets if it is them check the oil level first just to make sure its got enough in it, if it isn't the tappets check the tyres for stones they make anoying tapping noises. Does the problem increase with speed or with revs that might shed some more light on the subject!

No the noise is not coming from the engine, its definatley something else? as i said it gets faster as you increase your speed and slower when you slowdown, ive also checked the tyres for stones and there clear, so its a mystery to me? :? looks like i'll be going to my local garage.

regards

Nigwell

Hi

Ive found out what the Ticking sound IS. after taking the front nearside wheel off this morning, ive found that the Rotor sensor plate for the ABS is loose, there are 3-4 fixing screws in it and one has worked itself loose, so down to the local garage next week to get it sorted ( More Money) :roll: . thanks for suggesting things to look at.

Regards

Nigwell :lol:

im only new at this and only had my G60 2 weeks mine does that after i been out in te rain or the cars damp. Its louder at idle speed. if its a G60 spray a little bit of silicone waterproof spray on the supercharger belt and it will stop ticking. As soon as u spray it should stop

yo how do i get a pic of my car on the left and those little comments under each msg :evil: