Sign in to follow this  
dr_mat

Leccie Sunroof control relay

Anyone know where it is?

I think it's in the light/motor unit in the front of the roof lining, cos I can hear it (the relay) clicking when you push the roof controls, but I don't think it's on the back of the controls and light cluster.

I didn't go as far as removing the cover plate over the sunroof motor the other day (I was driving along at the time..)

And for my second question - does anyone have a spare control relay?

The roof slid back and then decided it wouldn't slide forward. And it wasn't the guides/cables/motor, because I couldn't hear the relay switching - it wasn't even trying to wind the roof closed.

I got it going again by disconnecting the switch and reconnecting it (the roof then closed quickly without fuss or bovver), but I suspect the control relay might be iffy.

Right, I'll have to get that panel off then. Just the two screws holding it in place? The ones you can see when you remove the control panel?

Yep, two screws hold the motor to the subframe. I've never taken one apart, so I'm not sure what you can do once you're inside it though!

Is it an old or late spec one? If its a late spec, there is a small black tab with a white arrow on it, make sure that this tab is covering the allen bolt (manual sunroof operation) as this is a fail-safe to prevent the sun roof from operating whilst you have an allen key in the manual operation bolt.

Im having some grief with my sunroof too, it will only tilt up and wont come back down or slide anywhere!

Initially I thought it was the switch but I have just got my hands on a new one which is doing the same thing!!

The roof tilts and slides easily when in manual operation, but the motor just 'clicks' when the buttons are pushed.

Im confused, any ideas?

Think I might have a pasty for lunch...

Gonna change the motor I think.

im having similar problem with mine, all of a sudden its tilting and will come back down but wont slide back it clicks and the rear edge drops but doesnt continue to slide. was wondering if its a motor problem or if its been knocked and something is physically stopping it. any ideas? thanks in advance.

I have over come all my sunroof issues by simply not using it :-)

Sorry not very helpfull I know :oops: