Sign in to follow this  
Paulr1980

nice new piccy taken just after I fitted the yellow fogs

NiceI've spent circa £1600 so far and that includes the car.

Spec so far is:

1990 G plate 1.8 16 valve Corrado with 120k on the clock - £900

16 x 7.5" ACT (Ronal) SX's 2 piece split rims with 215/40R16 yoko's - £285 :)

Cheapo ebay coilovers - £280

3 bar grille with eyebrow (not yet fitted) - £14

Recaro SR seats with trim almost OEM - £200 :)

Recaro electric subframes - swapped for a scabby set of sebrings

Momo Corse steering wheel - £16 :)

Momo gearknob - already had

Alpine HU - already had

Focal 6x9's (someone had already butchered the shelf) - already had

Dubmeister plates - £40

The idea is to have the car finished (as a personal project) for under 3k. I'd like to get a mag feature to show what you can acheive on a budget but who knows.

Please let me know what you think guys.

Looks nice mate, any pics of the interior ? I hope those are the show-plates, if not I'd be VERY wary of using them on the car as the cops will try to do you for using illegally-spaced plates, incorrect / non-standard lettering and having the german-plate tags on them ! They do look good though......;-)

Going to have to find some Recaro electric subframes for my new seats now as well. Only way to get them sitting at the right height I think for me / in the car.

Yeah I use the plates on the road... eek. Although to be fair it's been a while now and have been in front of police cars quite a bit, no stoppage so far. I think the local cops (touch wood) have better things to do.

I keep meaning to take a pic of the seats.. will do it tomorrow.

You can just see them on the first pic.

Just thought I'd chuck a new couple up since I haven't updated this in months...

Don't mind putting pics up now the damn things on the road. lol

02012008132.jpg

28102007094.jpg

Oh nice :D

Great to see a bodied/carbed valver lump in a corrado! 8)

Whats the spec of the engine etc m8?

Neil.

very nice rado dude, im on a similar budget to you for my rado and am always on the look out for bargains, they are out there just gotta look hard.

would be intrested to know some figures on the bike carbs and was it hard to do? am thinking later on of getting more power out of my 16v lump so would be good to know a bit more bout carbing it.

looks v tidy, not a massive fan of white c's but yours looks 8) ...

Thanks guys..

Riley - bog standard engine wise. I'm not worried about making huge power. It was done partly because I loved the idea of bike carbs and partly because I'd never really done any work on a car, certainly not custom work. Was an excersize in whether or not I could actually do it. Turns out I could. :)

CM - Thanks dude. I got them from the bay as with most of the stuff I've got. Just keep your eyes peeled and keep popping in 'split rims' in the search and they'll eventually come up. Just be prepared to travel. I had to drive 4 hours round trip for them.

I also bought a trimsport rear brace on the bay before crimbo for £40 :)

veedub21 - I'll post up the dyno graph on monday when it's run up and fettled with. No idea what it'll run. It's certainly better than it was previously. Loads more torque and that's with overfuelling for safety and no ignition set up.

Piece of cake to do really. Couple of headscratchers but mostly because I didn't have anyone to talk to who'd already done it. If you do go for it then just pm me with any questions and I'll be glad to help.

Thanks for the nice words all.

Cool,can't beat some n/a induction roar 8)

I have to ask about the fogs too? 8) Is it yellow glass? I have some that i never got around to fitting.

Neil.

Yeah yellow glass fronts. Takes an hour or so to do. Piece of cake really. Just make sure you get all the glass out of the frame which can take a while.

Considering mine were cracked it made no difference if I buggered them up.

Nice job Paul, can't wait to see this at the next Worcester meet.

Stop giving me ideas for my valver... resist..... must keep it standard :)

How r u gettin on with the cheap ebay coilovers?? :) Any good??

They are ok. Not ideal really but good enough to get away with in the short term. They are very stiff so for track work they would be ok but can be a little stiff for road use. They would be better if you could damper adjust as I'd just soften them a little.

I'll probably spend a fair bit on suspension in the middle of the year and get some AST's fitted. At the time I just wanted it lowered on a strict budget and it did that pretty well.

How r u gettin on with the cheap ebay coilovers?? :) Any good??

They are ok. Not ideal really but good enough to get away with in the short term. They are very stiff so for track work they would be ok but can be a little stiff for road use. They would be better if you could damper adjust as I'd just soften them a little.

I'll probably spend a fair bit on suspension in the middle of the year and get some AST's fitted. At the time I just wanted it lowered on a strict budget and it did that pretty well.

i might hav to give them a go to. aint really got the money to be spendin like £500 on coilovers. they gotta b worth a try! R they J-tec?

I just call them the 'slags' as they are branded all sorts of names 'Jamex' 'Traxx' 'Raceland'... I'm sure they will be branded J-tec as well. They are TUV passed so can't be horrific build. I was tempted to drill a hole in each of the coilover collars and put an allen grub screw in as a locking mechanism as there isn't anything but I haven't so far and had no trouble with them coming loose.

SK - thanks buddy. Inlet was from Bogg brothers. Looked around at other possibilities but a bogg kit is about as cheap and as good quality as you can get. I didn't have to faff with the set up of the carbs at all to get running. Literally plug and play.

Hi mate, seen your corrado in the flesh love it i had a 16v but then brought a g60 , i live in chelt 2 remember the white g60 with borbets? :D

I just call them the 'slags' as they are branded all sorts of names 'Jamex' 'Traxx' 'Raceland'... I'm sure they will be branded J-tec as well. They are TUV passed so can't be horrific build. I was tempted to drill a hole in each of the coilover collars and put an allen grub screw in as a locking mechanism as there isn't anything but I haven't so far and had no trouble with them coming loose.

SK - thanks buddy. Inlet was from Bogg brothers. Looked around at other possibilities but a bogg kit is about as cheap and as good quality as you can get. I didn't have to faff with the set up of the carbs at all to get running. Literally plug and play.

U wouldnt recormend them them as budget coilovers??

First time i've looked on your thread and must say this has got to be one of the best cars I've seen on the forum. Great engine & mods, great stance, great wheels.... and a bargain price!

With that in mind i've decided to find out where you live, come round and kidnap your car! :lol:

Seriously, sweet car mate. I'd be interested to see the carb setup if I can make the trip over to one of the worcester meets sometime. Be nice to catch up with Dave as well.