Sign in to follow this  
lottysvdub

HOW MUCH !!!!!

Ive just been quoted for a replacement windscreen for my corrado , now some of you may have read my previous post on insurance companys being a real pain in the arse over a cracked windscreen ,very long quite boring story anyway "NATION WIDE AUTOGLAZING " want £674.40 +vat , yep im just getting up off the floor again , and NATIONAL WINDSCREENS want £220.00 +£50.00 for trims +vat , now thats more like it now all ive got to is wait for them to get one in stock , yippy. Why can 1 company charge such a huge difference i meen surely its the same spec glass and the same fitting time , christ im confused ive been in the motor trade for 21 years and never had such a difference in price for a windscreen , is there anyone who works for a windscreen company on the forum who may be able to shed some light on the difference , anyway im not moaning im just pleased that soon the view out my car windscreen will soon be crack free LOL :D :D :D

very long story mate when i insured the car last year with norich union direct i had to take the car to autoglass for it to be inspected for any damage so they would cover it ( some crap about the age of the car ) so i did this got a little ticket from autoglass saying the glass was in good condition and then its supposed to go on the insurance data base to confirm its good , so all was well untill last wednesday when a lorry flicked up a stone an cracked the screen , i got home phoned my insurance company to make sure it was ok to get it fixed only for them to say its never been registered on there data base , tossers springs to mind , anyway ive turned my house upside down to find the bloody ticket and to no avail i carnt so theres the story as to why i carnt go through the poxy insurance company . Has anyone else had this crappy screen check on there cars or is it just this companys policy ???

about 6 weeks to go and i had to pay extra for the bloody cover so i think ive been done from all directions by the insurance company , i wouldnt mind but ive 3 cars insured and 1 motor bike insured with them , so its not just 1 policy there going to loose its all 4 , any suggestions of good insurance companys ?? :)

nice one mate i will spend a lot of time going through that and get a different policy sorted , in answer to your other question ive been in the trade for 21 years as a mechanic , greese monkey , spanner banger or what ever else you want to call us LOL, again cheers buddy much appreciated :thumbleft:

i know what you meen about a new job ive been trying to find something new for a while which wont involve a huge pay cut and as you say the car side pay isnt great , i got to consultant tec status 5 years ago so i dont earn bonuses im on a fixed wage so it sucks i just get a load more greaf for a pointless title and all the crap that know one else in our company wants to fix or carnt fix ( we've only got 10 sites so theres a lot of crap needs sorting :D )

horizon motor co Honda , mazda and suzuki im still earning around 32k a year but carnt seem to get a rise out of them so i agree its proberly time to move on , but i would love to get out the trade alltogether to be honest mate , would love to work for somone like sunseeker how cool would that be

i know the money that i earn at the mo is pritty much top doller for the trade so im not expectinig to make any head way in that direction but i do go past the sunseeker factorys and show yards almost every day and what a sight , multi million pound boats and most of the sales team seem to be young ladies that are very plesent on the eye :shocked!: lol i meen the boats are nice too , honest i only go to look at the boats :roll: better not let my wife know about the sales team at sunseeker :D

lottysvdub whats your opinion of suzuki?? Had a few probs with my dads super carry new back box,,,,, sit down for it GBP 156.00 WTF??? tried fitting it myself no chance bolts are welded in, nuts were fcuked had to ask a favour on that one.

Then the crankshaft senor failed causing the van to overheat and shut down GBP 65.00 ??? oh and they advised the parts are made in Japan and they will be catching the slow boat, so that should arrive in 4 weeks???? we recomend you don't drive the van as it could shut down at anytime. bearing in mind my dads a market trader he needs the van to earn a living. So I called another suzuki dealership down south. Get that tomorrow for you sir. Called my dealership and explained the poor service I had rec'd. they didn't offer anything apart from fitting it for GBP 70, eh no thanks fitted it in 2 mins this afternoon.

sorry for the delay in getting back to you , suzuki well what can i say there not bad on the whole , very reliable and cheap , i do agree thogh about carry van exhausts i normaly cut the bloody things off , the carrys not as bad as the early swift to do the back box on that you have to dismantle the o/s/r suspension just to fit it . in my honest opinion theres a lot of crap suzuki dealers out there , but suzuki technical back up is the worst ive ever experianced in 21 years of doing the job , ive even had arguments with suzuki uk technical director over issues we have had with some of the new cars, EG probing air bag wiring looms with 12 volts to try and cure faults .if you still havent got the sensor you need then if you e mail me the chassis no and reg then i will see how quick we could get it for you and if need be post it via parcle force to you if you want , remember you will get the part for trade costs plus postage , also suzuki have a thing for employing snot nosed teenagers as parts advisors and most the time they dont even know what the part is or where it goes so a lot of the time the parts they get are wrong , hope my opinion hasnt offended anyone but thats how it is im affraid :roll:

I was under the impression you rang up the insurance (just to confirm) and then stuck a hammer through the screen and they came over and you just paid the excess?

my ex's dad did this, and a couple of mates have, ends up costing 50-100 quid (depending on your excess) and doesn't affect your no claims.

I've got to get mine looked at, as the seal is lifting all the way around the top, so need that done, and a new windscreen seems the easiest and cheapest way to do it.

700 notes? tell them where to go!

if this little ticket means that much then Autoglass should have you on record, let alone your insurance company

Hi mate thanks for the offer but luckily got it sorted last week and my dad is happy running round in the van now.

Must agree on the whole they are ok and reliable. Just getting poor service and parts back-up like that really pi55ed me off. Anyway sorry for hijacking your thread just read about your connection to suzuki and wanted to know what you thought.

think I've calmed down now, the exhaust on the swift sounds like a right ar5e, why do they do these things like that??? just winds me up, is so it has to go back to the dealership or some idiot has designed it ?

i think its more a case of "little japanese man has little fingers " and the designers realy dont give a toss about the maintence of the vehicals . and anyone interested in the new swift sport 1.6 16vvt its an improvement on the 1.5vvt but its definetly no GTI in fact its quite disapointing its more like a small puff of wind not the extreme storm they have been banging on about . anyway back to VR657ORM glad you sorted it mate like ive said any probs give us a shout mate anytime :D