Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Alarms Clifford v Toad v any others?

What alarm would YOU get and why?

Hear some bad stuff about Cliffords, but doubt they are all problematic, they certainly seem to be the name everyone knows.

I never had a problem with my clifford until the heater matrix popped filling the car with steam, However I haven't heard many people moaning about Toad alarms.

Hi,

Advised you to post this to canvas opinion, Cobra and Meta seem to be reliable - not heard any complaints about them. But somebody else might know otherwise.

I posted this up in a simlar thread the other week, but I'm standing by it...

Pretty much all of the big name alarms, at least the Cat 1 jobbies are much of a muchness.

It doesn't matter how good the alarm is, if some chimp has fitted it and made loads of crappy connections in stupid places, then it'll cause you constant grief.

Clifford, Toad and Autowatch all get good reviews on here (plus probably some others that I can't remember), but make sure you get it fitted by a good place. It might cost you more, but it's worth every penny.

Clifford are great for added features.

I Agree with dinkus, whatever you go for make sure you get it fitted by a recommended fitter

I have got a toad on the golf and a clifford on the rado. The toad was fitted by someone I know and he did a terrific job, never had any problems.

The clifford on the other hand was on the car when I bought it and gave me grief straight away, I sorted the problems but the wiring still doesnt look great. It would be disrespectfull to chimps to say it looks like they have done it as i'm sure chimps would have done a much better job!!

3corsameal, check the recommended alarm fitter thread for someone local to you (where are you?).

I've got an Autowatch and it's been faultless.

I have had Toad Ai606 and ive had no problems with them. can add a few gadgets to it too.

One option is remote start, but its not covered by insurances so didnt select it.