Sign in to follow this  
boy bernard

Rear arch

The driver side rear arch on my car has taken a bit of a smack. bit to much to hit with the filler so want to get a new arch welded in place.

Can I use the arch from the front wing? If not how easy is it to source rear repair sections?

Cheers

B

You can get replacement panels for the Corrado, but the whole rear quarter is one piece.

It sound slightly silly, but it'll almost certainly be easier for a bodyshop to fit a whole new panel rather than try and weld a new arch on and get it to look right.

You can probably find someone on here that's willing to cut a rear quarter off an old scrapper.

Alternatively, it may be possible for of those paintless dent removal guys to get it out, but that would very much depend on where exactly it is, how big it is and what the guy reckons he can fix.

I got a quote from a bodyshop for 700usd for a rear quarter panel.

I'm sure you can use a front arch...but the porportions are not correct. Just find a wrecked Corrado and get the entire rear quarter from it.

When I got rear ended the, part below my taillights was completely smashed in. I found a wrecked Corrado and cut that piece out, and gave it to the bodyshop to weld in.

4-dubfest_208.jpg

The part where the "RS" badge is, to the middle of the license plate is from another car.

If you get some pictures up it'd be easier to give an opinion, a rear 1/4 is a fair big job to fit right, you'd be amazed what a good panel beater could do.

Another thing are all rear arches the same for early and late rados?

I 'think' it's only the front arches that differ...

I've also heard that you can use a front arch to replace a rear one. Don't quote me on it but I think someone on here said you need to turn the front arch around so it goes on the rear backwards. I'd find out for sure first though! and as Phil K says the new and late shape front arches are different so not sure which one you'd want either.