Sign in to follow this  
Andy T

Upgraded to a VR6 - a few Q's

I've recently bought a 1996 VR6 in Classic Green/black leather to replace my faithful Flash Red G60 (up for sale soon)

The new car is in great shape but i've got a few questions about it -

What is the 4-prong socket for in the passenger side dash tray?

When I start her up, the idle sits at about 2000 rpm for a few seconds then settle down to 1100 ish. (750 when warm) is this normal?

The engine sounds a little 'whiny' after startup from cold. Is this just the way Vr's sound compared to G60's?

When decelerating in fourth gear, off-throttle, I can feel a slight drumming through the gearnob. If I accelerate, it stops. The G60 never did this, is it a problem?

The brake discs are grooved all round, and I get a little vibration through the pedal during medium/heavy braking. Is this normal for grooved discs, or could they be warped?

The driveshafts don't have balance weights fitted - should they have?

Apart from that i'm well pleased with the car! will post pics soon.

My Vr sounds a bit Whiney on a cold startup. and the reve also jump up on first start then settle. I dont know if that sets your mind at rest or is a case of missery loves company.

the 4 prong socket is for the manual override for the conlog immobiliser...........useful if the battery on the fob goes

Conlog? is that the std. fit immobiliser or aftermarket? It currently has the factory immob. & a Meta Cat1.

its not factory fit as such but its was dealer/importer-fit when they were new IIRC.........should be an oblong fob with a rubber button in the centre

and of course contacts at one end for fitting into the aforementioned slot

Ahh... I don't have the fob, when the previous owner said it still had the original immobiliser, I assumed it was a chip in the key.

perhaps the new fob activates both systems?

Ahh... I don't have the fob, when the previous owner said it still had the original immobiliser, I assumed it was a chip in the key.

perhaps the new fob activates both systems?

it'll still have the original factory immobilser.......the one inside beside the steering column/ign barrel........i reckon your Conlog has been binned and replaced with the Meta one now.......so that slot/socket is superflous now

UPGRADED...........to a VR6 ???

Think that one is debateable TBH ;-)

Good luck with it tho !

Maybe I should of just said 'Changed' :)

But I will miss that lazy bottom-end grunt! (and the bright paint!)

Good luck with it tho !

LOL....says he with with VR6 parts in his G60 :lol:

Good luck with it tho !

LOL....says he with with VR6 parts in his G60 :lol:

:D iwas going to say this the other day, but didnt have the heart LOl..... you mean man Kev :lol:

I've recently bought a 1996 VR6 in Classic Green/black leather to replace my faithful Flash Red G60 (up for sale soon)

The new car is in great shape but i've got a few questions about it -

All sounds pretty normal to me ...

But it's NOT a VR6 is it........all I have on my G60 is some VR ratio's in the 'box for better acceleration etc. a Sachs heavy-duty clutch (was cheaper than G60 one BTW and more durable / longer-lasting) and uprated VR6 topmounts for the coilovers so not exactly a "corrado VR6" is it, just makes the G60 a better drive...........

But it's NOT a VR6 is it........all I have on my G60 is some VR ratio's in the 'box for better acceleration etc. a Sachs heavy-duty clutch (was cheaper than G60 one BTW and more durable / longer-lasting) and uprated VR6 topmounts for the coilovers so not exactly a "corrado VR6" is it, just makes the G60 a better drive...........

E Z. How much did you get you Peloquin atb for mate? how are you getting on with it?

Have you actually driven your car yet in 2 years? ............. Computer says no...

Have you actually driven your car yet in 2 years? ............. Computer says no...

savage...............but funny :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually pau1, yes I have driven it, albeit not very much. But what's your point ? Ah, there wasn't one...........and the computer also says something else, but let's not go there